book gift for new lawyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• book gift for new lawyer

so my daughters friend is not only graduating law school this summer, but also getting married. she's smart, a reader and always willing to learn. I was thinking about getting her several books for a gift and was wondering what everyone would recommend to be on the list.

Originally posted by DollaDollaBillS$$$ View Post
    so my daughters friend is not only graduating law school this summer, but also getting married. she's smart, a reader and always willing to learn. I was thinking about getting her several books for a gift and was wondering what everyone would recommend to be on the list.
    I mean, I wouldn’t just give a stack of books. If you know her favorite book or favorite author, I might buy a signed copy.

Comment

Originally posted by VentAlarm View Post

I mean, I wouldn’t just give a stack of books. If you know her favorite book or favorite author, I might buy a signed copy.
      yeah, I was thinking about maybe 1 or 2 signed books and then a recommended list with an amazon gift card to cover the costs of the remaining books

Comment

Get her a Bible and a year's subscription to an erotic magazine plus the Food Network magazine so that all of your bases are covered.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1A1980AF-6557-45FA-BD9F-07B1A008D131.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	337326

This might come in handy.

But, I would pick something off the registry if she has one, rather than books, if you want to get her some books I would get her an Amazon card

Comment

I'm terrible at all gifting situations. But it would seem like this calls for two separate gifts. Books or whatever for graduating. Something off the registry for wedding (assuming you're invited... I think that would be OK even if you're not, but don't take my word for it, as I said, I'm terrible at all gifting situations).

Comment

Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post
              Get her a Bible and a year's subscription to an erotic magazine plus the Food Network magazine so that all of your bases are covered.
              Uhhhhhh…..

Comment

Ahh, I would really suggest you ask you daughter. Many of my daughters friends get married and graduated from one thing or another.

Unless this was an old high school running pal or your friends with the parents, not sure if it even is needed.

Comment

Get her a stack of John Grisham books.
                  "A Time to Kill" and "The Rainmaker" are excellent. All the rest blend together in my mind.

I got my lawyer friend the DVDs for Harvey Birdman Attorney at law but that might not be her style and DVDs are so last decade

Comment

Speaking as someone who just got married and my (now) husband is graduating residency on Friday, a graduation and a wedding are often accompanied by a move. While this may not be the case for your friend's daughter, if she's relocating soon, a stack of books is a logistically heavy gift to move.

It's a nice gesture though! Maybe pick one favorite book that you know is in an area of her interest or would be helpful (ie, a book about an area she'll be visiting on a vacation soon, a book about the area she's moving to, a book about one of her hobbies, etc). Either that, or a kindle or audible gift card with a meaningful card about her love of learning is a great way to go.

Comment

possible student loans + paying for a wedding? Give her cash!

Comment

Get her Black's Law Dictionary. She needs it for law school.

My wife received this as a gift from her college honor's thesis advisor and still has it and appreciates it 17 years later.

Comment

Books are great and with ebooks, they need not take up space. But you need to know their taste. Mystery novels might not even be read by someone who adores the classics. Classic might not be touched by someone who likes the novels.

Comment

Working...
                          X