Preplexed by "Missing" Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preplexed by "Missing" Post

When I go to the Classic Blog, I don't see the X-Factor post -- https://www.whitecoatinvestor.com/the-x-factor/ -- The only reason I was aware of that post was because of a mention of it from POF's blog.

I tried refreshing the page, I haven't tried clearing my Cache though.

I noticed 94 comments on the post so it certainly seems like others are finding it.  Is there anything weird on that post that would make it not show up when utilizing the Classic Blog view?

cd :O)
    Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary. -- Isaiah 40:31

this only happened in the last day or so, it was up before then

Comment

I had no trouble pulling it up.
      Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

The direct link works fine, but it doesn't show up in the list of recent posts in or even under the Classic tab, despite the Classic tag.  jfox, are you seeing it when you just view the site using the classic blog view?

Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary. -- Isaiah 40:31

Comment

I noticed the disappearance as well. I found it in classics.

Comment

Click to expand…

The direct link works fine, but it doesn’t show up in the list of recent posts in or even under the Classic tab, despite the Classic tag.  jfox, are you seeing it when you just view the site using the classic blog view?

I have no idea how I found it. That was almost 7 hours ago!!!  :roll:
            Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

It's on the main page and in Classics, but not Latest.

Apparently it was an Instant Classic.

Comment

I noticed it was missing too! Glad you mentioned it ChrisCD.

Jim, could you add the Factor X post back to the latest blog posts if possible?

Comment

I noticed it was missing too! Glad you mentioned it ChrisCD.

Jim, could you add the Factor X post back to the latest blog posts if possible?

DAMMIT JIM

Comment

My fault, I was adding it to the classics stuff earlier today. It should still be under latest though. Must be a bug in the system from the redesign. First time I've ever made an "insta-classic" so the first time that bug has showed up.

Here's the direct link:

https://www.whitecoatinvestor.com/the-x-factor/

Remember the search is your friend. I use it a dozen times a day and it works great.
                    Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

My fault, I was adding it to the classics stuff earlier today. It should still be under latest though. Must be a bug in the system from the redesign. First time I’ve ever made an “insta-classic” so the first time that bug has showed up.

Here’s the direct link:

Remember the search is your friend. I use it a dozen times a day and it works great.

True, but if another blogger hadn't mentioned I would have never known about it.   

I usually just browse the latest as I have been a reader for a long time, so wouldn't normally go looking in the classics for the brand new posts.  :O) And it was a very good one so would have been sad if I had missed it.

Comment

My fault, I was adding it to the classics stuff earlier today. It should still be under latest though. Must be a bug in the system from the redesign. First time I’ve ever made an “insta-classic” so the first time that bug has showed up.

Here’s the direct link:

Click to expand…

True, but if another blogger hadn’t mentioned I would have never known about it.   ?

I usually just browse the latest as I have been a reader for a long time, so wouldn’t normally go looking in the classics for the brand new posts.  :O) And it was a very good one so would have been sad if I had missed it.

I linked to it directly in the latest "Sunday Best" post, as it was among the best stuff I read all week, an "instant classic" if you will.

I always link the featured articles in bold to open in a new window. If you see something interesting, a click should take you there.

Comment

Fixed now. It was not a bug. It was a feature. That feature has been removed.
                          Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

Fixed now. It was not a bug. It was a feature. That feature has been removed.

Oh how that brings me back to my programmer days.  So many undocumented features.  :O)

I did see it back in the regular mix today.

Thank you,

Comment

Working...
                            X