No announcement yet.

What would you give...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate running. Tried it many times, and always give up. So boring. Always subconsciously thinking, what am I running from or to?

Boredom solution: Bluetooth headphones + Audible/podcasts
    Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory and ignorant advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

My husband mostly climbs, but ever since Memorial Day his workout of choice is what he calls the “Half Murph”. The full thing is a mile run, 100 pull ups, 200 push ups, 300 air squats, run another mile. He halves the numbers and does the workout just about once a week. Definitely getting faster. I hate running for many reasons but one of them is because it’s boring. I don’t think I could do the same workout every week but he seems to enjoy it.

Those are intended to be kipping pullups.  If he's doing legitimate ones, that would be amazing.

Comment

Thats pretty good. 14 straight is quite hard actually. Why didn’t you continue? I just realized that pull up is like the ultimate excersize – so many muscles activate and core strength work out.

To really progress, I think you need to add weighted pullups into your regimen.  All the people who I have known that could do more than 25 did a lot of weighted pullups regularly.

Comment

Yea he can't kip, but he's not busting out with 50 of them without breaks. He's getting faster but by doing smaller sets with less time in between.

Comment

My husband mostly climbs, but ever since Memorial Day his workout of choice is what he calls the “Half Murph”. The full thing is a mile run, 100 pull ups, 200 push ups, 300 air squats, run another mile. He halves the numbers and does the workout just about once a week. Definitely getting faster. I hate running for many reasons but one of them is because it’s boring. I don’t think I could do the same workout every week but he seems to enjoy it.
            Click to expand…

Thats pretty intense. With you. I hate running. Tried it many times, and always give up. So boring.

Always subconsciously thinking, what am I running from or to?

You're more philosophical than I am. I can't think beyond: can I stop now?

We got back from France, over the weekend my husband was making weirdo comments. By Sunday it became clear I needed to get on a treadmill to prove I'm not some sloth who only drinks wine and sits on the couch. I made it 20 minutes before feeling like I was going to scratch my eyes out, but he was appeased. The next day I did the following workout, with an 18 minute time cap. Two days in a row, two workouts of similar duration. Guess which was harder?

650m run
            5 rounds of:
            10 right arm dumbbell clean & jerk
            10 DB lunge
            10 left arm DB C&J
            10 push ups
            650m run

That workout killed. It's cool if people enjoy strict cardio but I'm of the opinion that HIIT workouts are tougher and more engaging.

Comment

Click to expand…

Thats pretty intense. With you. I hate running. Tried it many times, and always give up. So boring.

Always subconsciously thinking, what am I running from or to?

I'm in the same boat with my thoughts while running. Podcasts or sports talk radio helps me.

Comment

I hate running. Tried it many times, and always give up. So boring. Always subconsciously thinking, what am I running from or to? 
                Click to expand…

Boredom solution: Bluetooth headphones + Audible/podcasts

For trail running, you're running away from people and towards endorphin and inner peace high. That said, I find MTBing more pleasurable.

Comment

I hate jogging too, too boring and I feel it hurts my joints and legs more than my cardio system.  I do HIIT instead, either sprinting or stationary biking, 15secs on 15secs off (or something similar) as many as I can.  Less than 5mins and I'm wiped.

Comment

I hate jogging too, too boring and I feel it hurts my joints and legs more than my cardio system.  I do HIIT instead, either sprinting or stationary biking, 15secs on 15secs off (or something similar) as many as I can.  Less than 5mins and I’m wiped.

Yup. There's evidence that high intensity exercise for small amounts of time has as much CV benefits as running 10 miles a day.

Comment

Working...
                    X