Vagabond\'s podcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vagabond\'s podcast

The interview this week on the WCI is with Vagabond MD.  I consider him to be one of my best forum friends.  The podcast is well worth your time to listen to it.  To me this was the best podcast yet.  I may be biased however.  He talks quite a bit about this forum.  He has an interesting background story.  He talks about the WCI conference.  He talks about volvos, BMWs, and prius.

it's the only wci podcast I listened to.

both are well spoken.  I feel smarter just for listening.

technologically, I wish they had the ability to play at double speed or skip forward 15 seconds like other podcasts I listen to.

but the podcast was well done!

kudos

Comment

He sounds just as wise and personable on the podcast as he does on the forum. It’s worth a listen.

Comment

Just read the transcript.  Really enjoy hearing from you, V.

I appreciated your discussion of the BSMD tract.  My youngest is an upcoming high school senior and was considering this route.  Thankfully he has decided against it.  He has so many varied interests and is young for his class.  The more traditional route offers him more time to try other paths and mature before deciding if medicine is right for him.

Looking forward to your POF post.

Comment

Thanks so much for the head's up. I usually skip the podcasts due to time constraints but wouldn't have wanted to miss this one!
          Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory and ignorant advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Yes, I read it this morning.  Good stuff.

I wish I had been more social (less anti-social?) at the WCI Conference--as an introvert, I found it a little overwhelming.

Comment

I got a chance to hear Vagabond on the podcast this morning and I thoroughly enjoyed listening to him and hearing about his education and career. He’s very wise and I appreciated his candor.

I also thought one of his closing points about educating yourself as much *as you can* about various financial topics, (i.e. portfolio planning, mortgages, contract negotiations, etc) was an especially good piece of advice. It’s so important to become as knowledgeable as you can about these things especially early on in your career. I wish that I had heard that advice when I was younger, especially when my husband was first out of residency.

Vangabond contributres a great deal to this site, and I’m glad that he opted not to become an orthodontist!

Comment

yes, it was neat to hear your story, Vagabond!

And G, if there's another WCI conference I will sit in the corner with you  

Comment

technologically, I wish they had the ability to play at double speed or skip forward 15 seconds like other podcasts I listen to.

Q-school, how are you listening to the podcast?  If you download it on Stitcher you can play it on double speed and skip forward just like any other podcast

Comment

I don’t know what stitcher is.  I just pushed play from the webpage?

I don’t know what all those buttons are underneath the play button.   I’m kind of scared to push buttons when i don’t know what they do.  Yes I’m old so please talk slowly.  

Comment

I don’t know what stitcher is.  I just pushed play from the webpage?

I don’t know what all those buttons are underneath the play button.   I’m kind of scared to push buttons when i don’t know what they do.  Yes I’m old so please talk slowly.

Take a walk on the wild side. They may open up something fun - new opportunities   . Life is short. Push all the buttons you can.
                      Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory and ignorant advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/white-coat-investor-podcast/id1197082547?mt=2

This assumes you are using iPhone.

Comment

I also do not know what stitcher is.  I listened to it on my phone on the WCI website.

Comment

Stitcher is a free app you can download to your phone. Just search for it in the app store or google play store. I listen to most of my podcasts on it. I love it. There is a podcast for pretty much everything now.

If you're still using a flip phone though I can't help you.

Comment

If you’re still using a flip phone though I can’t help you.

Nobody can help those people!

Comment

Working...
                              X