No announcement yet.

Anyone watching FIFA World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

College football - Alabama is the pre-season favorite, odds 2/1 to win the championship.  Sound familiar?

College bball - With rare exceptions like Villanova, dominated by a bunch of 19-year-olds who have no real interest in college.

This World Cup has been great, but I actually find tennis more exciting than anything else right now.  Men's game has the two best all-time players at the top, while 20 players can win on the women's side.

Comment

Yea bama is dominant and they cheated to get there but Clemson happens more than not. Georgia beat them almost and that was exciting finals (kirby smart is saban jr so I'm sure some stuff happening there too), but there is intrigue because these are college kids and while there is cheating happening by and large it's not for money so it is 'pure' in that sense. It can't be beat.

College bball? Serious? March madness is awesome and yes a no name school like nova can win. Heck michigan almost won. These are not dukes of the world. There is underdog chance and last minute buzzer beaters not golden state buying players and hosing fools (see boogie going to GS what a joke)

Tennis is alright. It's two players so not as exciting strategically. Group games are better imho.

Comment

March Madness is awesome, though I think 68 teams is too many.  I can't make myself care about the regular season when I don't have any emotional investment in the 19-year-old players.  The players who come through in the tournament tend to be easier to root for than the players who dominate coverage in the regular season.

Comment

Agree with that March madness. Regular season college bball is fairly ugly actually (bunch of clunker games).

Comment

Another nail biting finish between Russia and Croatia that went down to the last penalty kick.  8-)

Comment

Another nail biting finish between Russia and Croatia that went down to the last penalty kick.

And not 1, but 2 goals in extra time!  That was an exciting game to watch, as was the England/Swedish match.

Comment

Another nail biting finish between Russia and Croatia that went down to the last penalty kick.
                Click to expand…

And not 1, but 2 goals in extra time!  That was an exciting game to watch, as was the England/Swedish match.

Yes... wild. Great to watch... a few more matches to go. It's been great. Some goals that weren't pretty, and some really beautiful soccer being played too.

Comment

There is a good chance of an England Vs France final.

Comment

Most popular soccer team in the world right now is definitely the Wild Boars in Thailand!  So relieved they all made it out safely.  I hope they are well enough to accept FIFA's invitation to attend the World Cup Final!

Comment

That first goal by Russia in the last game may be the goal of the tournament.

Comment

CROAAAAAAATIAAAAA

Comment

Great game today after that snoozer of a match between France and Belgium yesterday. I'm so happy for Croatia!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X