Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blephptosisbrow
    replied
    I bought a purple mattress two years ago and will never sleep on anything else if I can help it. King size is deff the way to go. We bought before the prices went up but would still purchase again if we had to. I spent 6 months reading reviews, watching videos, trying mattresses at stores. Nothing compares to the purple. Trust me.

Leave a comment:

• Brains428
    replied
    Oh hey, I started this thread.

I got the Saatva. I got the standard firmness, which is as advertised. I love it.

Leave a comment:

• 62cutlass
    replied
    We just got a Dream Cloud and love it so far

Leave a comment:

• adventure
    replied
    We have a Casper. It’s perfect for us. Love it.

Had some really ^{%{*#* mattresses before. Won’t do that again.

Leave a comment:

• NYCdoc
    replied
    @zaphod @craigy we were also thinking of buying a Tempurpedic king but started reading online reviews that were concerning for the toxicity/VOC emissions. As an oncologist with a strong fam hx of cancers on both sides, I tend to stay away from anything that would even put our fam at a higher risk for any malignancy. There are no data in pubmed and the internet is full of biased info (https://www.themattressunderground.com/mattress-forum/index/16987-tempur-pedic-toxicity.html#46246)...did you guys consider the VOCs information when you selected a foam mattress? I know we did for the baby and bought the mattress that was "all natural" for her. I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• I Find This Humerus
    replied
    I bought a memory foam mattress from Amazon for around 140. BEST. MATTRESS. EVER. Do not spend 1k on a mattress!

Leave a comment:

• wolverine41
    replied
    Concur with Saatva recs - we have a king and full and love them both. Just the standard firmness they sell. High quality for reasonable pricing (1000-1400)

Leave a comment:

• wideopenspaces
    replied
    We got a leesa mattress two years ago and I LOVE it! So comfy. My husband sleeps hot and he likes it as well. We had an Ikea mattress for 6 years prior to the leesa and it was terribly firm. I would not buy another Ikea mattress but I would do leesa again. I also considered saatva but after reading a blog by a guy that apparently just sits around testing out a million different mattresses I decided to go with leesa.

We also got some bamboo sheets and I love them oh so much. Lots better than the expensive linen ones we tried.

Leave a comment:

• nachos31
    replied
    We went with latex mattress for our king bed when we moved to our current house 4 months ago. We had dog sat for some friends and they had a latex mattress and we loved it so we ordered one when it came time to do so. You customize the layers (three 3” layers per side—soft, medium, and firm and two types of latex) and you and sig-O can each have your own layers. Sleeps cool and super comfy. We both have soft-medium-medium from top to bottom.

Leave a comment:

• Kamban
    replied

Thanks for the input. The Saatva looks interesting. What firmness did you guys get?

I got soft and my wife got medium. I have slept in both and actually like the medium more. I talked to the person and they do not recommend the hard one unless you like sleeping on bare floors.

One thing is certain - it is a very well constructed mattress made in USA. I ruled out mattress made in China due to concerns about toxic chemicals. I also like to support products made in USA, especially if the quality is good and the price is not much more than imported pnes. I actually got it in Feb 2015 and even today it looks brand new and comfortable.

BTW, I don't get a penny for recommending it.

Leave a comment:

• Brains428
    replied
    Thanks for the input. The Saatva looks interesting. What firmness did you guys get?

Leave a comment:

• Dreamgiver
    replied
    Purple is known for sleeping cool and that it why we tried it. The top layer is this very interesting silicon-like material which just does not get hot at all. I am always very hot in bed and my wife is cold. We are both happy with how temperature neutral our mattress is. Unfortunately I do not think they have any locations you can try it at other than their headquarters in Alpine, Utah (20 minutes from our house) but their return policy is awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Kamban
    replied

Okay, so if you don’t want one of these hot, non-breathing foam things, what specific brand and location to buy would you recommend?

Planning to buy Saatva for the parents room and guest bedroom when our new house is completed.

Leave a comment:

• Zaphod
    replied

We probably spent about $4k or so on a Tempurpedic king.  Fantastic mattress.  It was one of the cool models “breeze” or something like that.  Not hot.  Took a little time to break in, maybe a month or so.

If our house burned down and we had to buy another mattress, I think we’d probably buy the same thing again.

This is what we have as well. Would buy again in a heartbeat. I always have family/friends try it out. Holds shape forever basically, more comfy to sleep in strange positions since doesnt fight your body, etc...

Leave a comment:

• Kamban
    replied

‘comfort’ is one of the main idols of the America way of life, but none of y’all the princess and the pea.

I am not one, but a fellow American Megan Markle is.  

Leave a comment:

Working...
X