10 Best and Worst Cities for Money Management in the USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Best and Worst Cities for Money Management in the USA

As ranked by WalletHub using 8 metrics. Is it a coincidence that 3 cities on the "worst" list have "College" in their names? Here's the list.
    Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

I live an hour away from Athens, and my wife is a proud Ohio University grad, as are many friends and colleagues. That being said, the reputation of that place as a party school full of students only there to live it up is well-earned.

As you said, I find it very interesting that every single one of the cities on the "worst" list is a college town. Obviously that's going to bring down the average credit scores and income levels. And every city on the "best" list is a well-to-do, affluent town, many in Silicon Valley. I would guess that Cupertino is almost exclusively made up of Apple executives and higher-ups at this point, so it's not too surprising it's #1.

Comment

Hoy cow on the mortgage debt:income ratios of the top places 5-869% thats crazy. Wondering why anyone batted an eye to me, I am at 55ish%. If we did this on the regular itd be nuts. Of course the student loan ratio isnt 50 its 100.

Comment

Hoy cow on the mortgage debt:income ratios of the top places 5-869% thats crazy.

What the heck - those numbers are crazy! I am a bit surprised that this kind of mortgage debt exists...but then again I just watched The Big Short, so I guess I need to wake up...

Comment

Working...
        X