Where Are My Skiing Photos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Are My Skiing Photos?

Although we had a few inches of fresh snow here in NE Ohio last night, it will be gone tomorrow and the local ski hills do not compare whatsoever to the Utah slopes.  So, my inner skier is living through you guys the next few days.  And on that note - Where are my pics?!?

Although we had a few inches of fresh snow here in NE Ohio last night, it will be gone tomorrow and the local ski hills do not compare whatsoever to the Utah slopes.  So, my inner skier is living through you guys the next few days.  And on that note – Where are my pics?!?

+1, I think it's dumping snow out there.

Comment

You can check Twitter under #wcicon18. Looks like a good turnout, good talks, and fun times!

Comment

You can check Twitter under #wcicon18. Looks like a good turnout, good talks, and fun times!

They are slacking there.  Just a bunch of pictures of people sitting in a conference room watching powerpoint presentations.

Comment

The real slackers cut out of the conference an hour early to get in extra time on the slopes. As for me - I just walked to the edge of the slopes and watched the little ones ski down the bunny slope - SO cute!

I was told by several docs that this conference has been totally different from typical CME events in that the conf room was packed out both mornings at 7am and everyone was paying attention.

Say what? This is abnormal for the medical community???
          Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory and ignorant advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

I've noticed that as well. I've never had such a hard time finding a seat at a conference. But usually I'm at conferences with hour long sessions all day for an entire week.

Comment

Yes it was packed and all the lectures were well attended.  Many actual medical meetings are boring but not this one. I think this conference had much more camaraderie than the usual conference.

Comment

I mistakenly took another conference attendee, a Blue skier, up the 9990 lift at Canyons, when I thought we were on the Peak 5 lift. Nothing but double black diamonds to get down. I don’t have any photos, unfortunately, but it was a tremendous lesson in Risk Management : )

Comment

The real slackers cut out of the conference an hour early to get in extra time on the slopes. As for me – I just walked to the edge of the slopes and watched the little ones ski down the bunny slope – SO cute!

I was told by several docs that this conference has been totally different from typical CME events in that the conf room was packed out both mornings at 7am and everyone was paying attention.

Say what? This is abnormal for the medical community???

Medical metings come in all shapes and sizes, but usually focus on clinical or business practices. There was a different vibe to this, focusing mostly on the health and wealth if the practitioner. In addition, not only were the participants from different locales, they were from different disciplines, which is unusual.

Specialty meetings tend to be run by the Star-bellied Sneetches of academia and tend to be very cliquey. There may have been cliques developing, but I did not feel that anyone was excluded.

As a new meeting, the content was fresh, concise and relevant. If I attend next year (or whenever) and some of the sessions were the same, I might be inclined to skip them, but probably not. The only session I skipped was the CPA on the first day, and I heard she was excellent.

A great irony is that I met, for the first time, a forum member (@MochaDoc) who works at the same community hospital as I do. What are the odds?

Comment

A great irony is that I met, for the first time, a forum member (@MochaDoc) who works at the same community hospital as I do. What are the odds?

@MochaDoc mentioned that - really cool. Your hospital must be huge.
                    Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory and ignorant advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Click to expand…

@mochadoc mentioned that – really cool. Your hospital must be huge.

Actually, it is a smallish community Hospital where everyone knows each other, for the most part. I guess if her real name were Dr. MochaDoc and my real name were Dr. Vagabond, we would have figured it out sooner. (I am thinking of legally changing my name ). Everyone seemed to know me as the Vagabond. I was standing in line for breakfast and the random person I was talking to pointed to @Neuro-doc and asked me if he was “VagabondMD”. Hilarious!

Comment

I guess if her real name were Dr. MochaDoc and my real name were Dr. Vagabond, we would have figured it out sooner.

DUH, of course.

Comment

We need more eye-level name tags next year.  Great fun meeting fellow posters.  Many people were very different from what I expected.

Comment

Click to expand…

They are slacking there.  Just a bunch of pictures of people sitting in a conference room watching powerpoint presentations.

Okay, got some ski pictures up on that hashtag now.
                            Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

We need more eye-level name tags next year.  Great fun meeting fellow posters.  Many people were very different from what I expected.

Eye level name tags? Like, pasted on our foreheads? How does that work? I thought lanyards were pretty standard at conferences.
                              Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X