People in Oregon Freaking Out About the Thought of Pumping Their Own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People in Oregon Freaking Out About the Thought of Pumping Their Own

"The new year is but two days old, and already we've got a nasty online debate on our hands. But don't worry, this isn't about politics. No, follow along to the Pacific Northwest, where the fine people of Oregon are having themselves an internet freak-out for the ages over the prospect of having to pump their own gas.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/people-in-oregon-are-freaking-out-about-the-thought-of-pumping-their-own-gas-under-a-new-law/ar-BBHN9B6?li=BBnb4R7

Thanks for a good laugh. Man I love people. I thought it was really bizarre when we were road tripping through Oregon and weren't allowed to pump our own gas. I felt like I was back in the 1950's or something.

Comment

Recall getting the 'WTX are you doing look' when I got out of my car to get gas in Eugene 25 odd years ago.  Is there a youtube video with the 'spontaneous combustion' interview; that would be priceless entertainment.

When the Zombie apocalypse occurs; I'm totally going to Oregon with everyone there expecting the zombies to pump their gas.

Comment

Go Electric. My wife hasn't had to get gas in over 15 months.

I guess that probably leave NJ as the last state to outlaw self-service.

Comment

I went to pump my own gas right by the airport for the car rental return in Portland.  All of a sudden a guy out of nowhere comes up and says that he'll pump my gas, I was like um, no thanks (thinking he wants a tip, kinda looked like a bum!)...then he tells me the law and I was dumbfounded that such things still existed.  :roll:

Comment

I went to pump my own gas right by the airport for the car rental return in Portland.  All of a sudden a guy out of nowhere comes up and says that he’ll pump my gas, I was like um, no thanks (thinking he wants a tip, kinda looked like a bum!)…then he tells me the law and I was dumbfounded that such things still existed.  ?

Even though I lived across the river for nearly a decade and went to Portland almost everyday, I always forgot about that dumb law. Some guy would always get so fired up like you kicked his puppy.

Comment

Even though I lived across the river for nearly a decade and went to Portland almost everyday, I always forgot about that dumb law. Some guy would always get so fired up like you kicked his puppy.

I lived in NJ for 5 years and since NJ gas was cheaper than NYC, the gas was filled in NJ. And by an attendant.

In year 2 I ordered a new Subaru which was to be shipped from Japan and by the time it came to Cherry Hill and my local dealership it was delayed by 4 days. And my vacation had started and I had wasted 3 days waiting for this car. As soon as it came, I got temp registration and headed out west to Chicago / Milwaukee. And when I reached PA my gas ran low and I stopped in a gas station where I had to pump gas on my own. It was a new experience and I was in a rush. The unfortunate side effect was 100 miles later I realized that I had left the gas cap on the roof of the car while I pumped gas and forgot to screw it back ( in those days they were not attached by a string to the car). Oh well. Did not get around to getting a replacement till I was in Milwaukee.

Comment

I used to live in that dump of NJ. I always got a chuckle coming down the Parkway from NY into NJ by pulling up to the station and starting to fill up on my own. Some dudes from India or Pakistan would run out of the building screaming something I could never understand. It was the highlight of the trip back home.

Comment

An interesting take on how big a problem this type of thing is in general

http://marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2018/01/collection-action-kills-innovation.html

Comment

I used to live in that dump of NJ. I always got a chuckle coming down the Parkway from NY into NJ by pulling up to the station and starting to fill up on my own. Some dudes from India or Pakistan would run out of the building screaming something I could never understand. It was the highlight of the trip back home.

Easy there Cowboy...

There are some beautiful parts of NJ out to the North and West. Don't trash the whole place.

Besides the weather is beautiful today: below zero wind chills near white out conditions with blowing snow of 4-6 inches. Perfect!

Comment

In London the theaters have certified, registered ushers to show you to your seat.  What is the economic term for this phenom?

Comment

Them is fighting words. Take a deep breath and pause before you type.

Comment

Easy there Cowboy… There are some beautiful parts of NJ out to the North and West. Don’t trash the whole place. Besides the weather is beautiful today: below zero wind chills near white out conditions with blowing snow of 4-6 inches. Perfect! January 4, 2018 at 7:40 am MST

Now you know how some us feel about Klan references and Alabama.

Comment

I have seen some brilliant memes on the subject posted on FB. Hehe.

Comment

Easy there Cowboy… There are some beautiful parts of NJ out to the North and West. Don’t trash the whole place. Besides the weather is beautiful today: below zero wind chills near white out conditions with blowing snow of 4-6 inches. Perfect! January 4, 2018 at 7:40 am MST 
                              Click to expand…

Now you know how some us feel about Klan references and Alabama.

Understood.

NJ has been dumped on forever. I get it, its easy to pick on. Same with Bama, although your college football is awesome.

As far as Dreamgiver is concerned, he doesn't get it either. I am from NY, lived in Gotham for years. So, hey Dreamgiver..." what's da matter for u..?"

Comment

Working...
                              X