New blog posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New blog posts

Interestingly two of the frequent commenters here have guest blog posts running on different sites today.  Vagabond has a post on POFs site and I have one on MissBonnieMD.  Check them out.

Enjoyed and learned from both - thanks for the alert!
    Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

glad to read the posts.  i was a little confused by the format of vagabond's post but i'm musically illiterate.  love the swingers analogy though.  use it a lot in day to day discussions but over the years less people know what i'm referring to.  ditto for top gun references.

Comment

It'd be great to get this in to medical school and residency curriculum, at least some some level.

Comment

Thanks for letting us know. I enjoyed both posts.

Loved the sunset photo. Is that the view from your lake house?

Comment

Great posts. Thank you.

Comment

Interestingly two of the frequent commenters here have guest blog posts running on different sites today.  Vagabond has a post on POFs site and I have one on MissBonnieMD.  Check them out.

I enjoyed your interview, hatton1. Impressive how little the divorce has set you back (at least financially). \

@VagabondMD did a great job with his. I was familiar with every song except the Hamilton one.

Cheers!

-PoF

Comment

You both rock!  Happy New Year to all!

Comment

Thanks for letting us know. I enjoyed both posts.

Loved the sunset photo. Is that the view from your lake house?

Photos are from my ex-husbands deck on a lake.

Comment

I enjoyed your interview, hatton1. Impressive how little the divorce has set you back (at least financially). \

I think the key here is an uncontested divorce does not have to be expensive.  In my case it was a later in life marriage with no kids.  Both of us had houses and businesses.  No one had an affair so no hard feelings.

Comment

I'm glad you posted this info.

I hadn't seen the Hatton1 post.  I'm a big fan of hers.  I'm even copying her work 3-days-a-week plan!

My favorite quote from that was, "Dr. Jones is 75 and still working....."

Comment

Really enjoyed reading all the stories--thank you!

Comment

PoF — Hamilton is amazing. You need to watch it.

Use your financial independence and take the whole family. You won’t regret it.

I am not a diehard but I enjoy theatre and musicals — Hamilton is the best show I’ve ever seen.

I saw it in NYC in 2016. I missed Miranda as Hamilton by 1 week, but Javier Munoz was outstanding in the lead (and I’ve been told actually a better performer than Miranda). Completely worth the splurge
                          An alt-brown look at medicine, money, faith, & family
                          www.RogueDadMD.com

Comment

PoF — Hamilton is amazing. You need to watch it.

Use your financial independence and take the whole family. You won’t regret it.

I am not a diehard but I enjoy theatre and musicals — Hamilton is the best show I’ve ever seen.

I saw it in NYC in 2016. I missed Miranda as Hamilton by 1 week, but Javier Munoz was outstanding in the lead (and I’ve been told actually a better performer than Miranda). Completely worth the splurge

I completely agree. It is outstanding and totally worth the experience. We have seen it twice, once in Chicago and once in NYC and actually enjoyed the Chicago performance a bit more.

Chicago is also more accessible to Midwesterners, and the seats are priced, er, somewhat "more approachable". I have good friends who are literally going to see the performance in Chicago this weekend.

It is not unusual for me, when I am working alone, to listen to the entire show all the way through. If there is still time, I then listen to the Hamilton MixTape (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hamilton_Mixtape), also excellent and enjoyable, especially if you know the show well.

Comment

I paid around $800 (second hand) for 2 perfect seats in NYC — I bought them 8 months in advance. By the time my show came around they were selling for $2k each online.

Not sure what Chicago prices are or the theatre setup. The theatre in NYC isn’t that big so no terrible seats. But I wouldn’t want to sit back row of a large theatre and pay $800.

Amazon Prime music has the entire album for free streaming. I listen to it on office days all the time
                              An alt-brown look at medicine, money, faith, & family
                              www.RogueDadMD.com

Comment

Working...
                              X