What's your side-hustle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your side-hustle?

I'd love to get into a side-hustle to make some guilt-free spending money. Looking for ideas.

If your purpose is to earn more, then your best opportunity is probably to work more at your current job; more shifts, longer clinic hours, etc.
    Erstwhile Dance Theatre of Dayton performer cum bellhop. Carried (many) bags for a lovely and gracious 59 yo Cyd Charisse. (RIP) Hosted epic company parties after Friday night rehearsals.

Comment

I'm involved in five MLMs. Mi wife has eight. So, a baker's dozen between us. Kidding!

My only "side hustle" is my blog. I sell some junk I no longer need on eBay, but there's no meaningful income there.

You should join the Facebook group Physician Side Gigs. Nearly 10,000 members.

Comment

Moonlighting
        And just joined teladoc

Comment

Credit Card churns

Comment

My side hustle is consulting. A side hustle is not just free money thrown at you. The word "hustle" should be emphasized.

Comment

My husband is my side hustle ?
              But really, he is in tech and started a side business with a couple friends. They developed and sell software to universities and med schools. We have made back the initial investment but still aren't making too much from it. Hopefully it'll change at some point. . . In the meantime it's a hobby he mostly enjoys.

Comment

I respect side hustles and an additional income source is a great thing. But every time I think about it, what immediately strikes me is that I already spend more time than I wish earning money. With the rest of my time I want to enjoy the parts of life that don’t involve earning money. Of course, that’s just me.
                My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFF...MwBiAAKd5N8qPg

Comment

My side hustle is consulting. A side hustle is not just free money thrown at you. The word “hustle” should be emphasized.

Credit card churns in bolus isn't exactly free and easy.

To do it at scale and longevity takes a bit of planning and hustle.  It has good payoffs too in funding vacations and trips/stays that we wouldn't normally do (or stay/travel in nice comforts).   Extends the budget dollar quite a bit.   We would never travel in business, but learning to hustle a bit to get some things, gets these perks at pretty economical costs where would otherwise be in cattle class.

Comment

My side hustle is consulting. A side hustle is not just free money thrown at you. The word “hustle” should be emphasized.
                    Click to expand…

Credit card churns in bolus isn’t exactly free and easy.

To do it at scale and longevity takes a bit of planning and hustle.  It has good payoffs too in funding vacations and trips/stays that we wouldn’t normally do (or stay/travel in nice comforts).   Extends the budget dollar quite a bit.   We would never travel in business, but learning to hustle a bit to get some things, gets these perks at pretty economical costs where would otherwise be in cattle class.

I was not responding to you or to your activity, nor implying that it was easy.

Comment

Depending on your specialty and location the quickest and easiest way to make some pocket money is to do locums in your area, hold out for a hospital that really needs help and negotiate a super-premium rate.

If a hospital is desperate for coverage they will often fast-track your credentialing and get it done in weeks not months.

I live in Chicago and I get recruiter emails all the time for at least 1.5x normal rate, they are often looking for primary care people to staff UC as well.

Comment

I’d love to get into a side-hustle to make some guilt-free spending money. Looking for ideas.

I work very part time (1.5 hours every other tuesday) at a Suboxone clinic.  It's very easy.  Surprisingly pleasant.  Pay is great for the time put in...9,000/year for 33 hours of work total (I get 2 days off per year, which means 9,000/33 hours equals 272/hr).  Not a ton of cash obviously, but after tax its an extra ~$650/month to spend on whatever you want.  Plus there's an urgent need for more docs prescribing.

Comment

https://www.physiciansidegigs.com/single-post/whythephysiciansidegig

New site, curious to see what it becomes

Comment

Removed
                            My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFF...MwBiAAKd5N8qPg

Comment

Chart review, easy money no liability.

Comment

Working...
                              X