Your Best Random Money Saving Tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Best Random Money Saving Tip

A few years back I was searching for a "new" certified car.  I narrowed it down to the same model but at two different dealerships.  The one I preferred was the more expensive choice. Well, I happened to be working out one morning with some friends and I mentioned I was car shopping to one of the guys.  He asked me if I had a Costco membership because you could buy cars through them.  The only membership I had was to BJ's Warehouse and I came to discover they also had a car buying service. The dealership with the car I wanted was on the BJ's site and for 10% less than what I haggled at the dealership.  This immediately made it the less expensive option. I called the salesman and he said they would honor the price and the deal was done.

So, any other randomly unique money saving tips you guys have discovered?

That's crazy!

I have to say the easiest 5k I ever made was when we were about to list our townhouse, the realtor said "looks like prices have been going up, I'd like to list for 5k higher than what we discussed a few weeks ago". Done and done. Full price all cash offer with no inspection 2 days later. Of course I then wondered if we should have gone higher, but we were so glad and relieved for it to turn out the way it did.

Comment

I wouldn't expect to make 5k this way, but when I get mail, I check to see if the stamps have been postmarked.  If not, they get cut off the envelope, soaked off and reused.

I always tell family to use stamps and not get things metered at the post office  :lol: .  Hopefully one day I'll get one of these:  https://store.usps.com/store/product/buy-stamps/gateway-arch-S_111304

Comment

I wouldn’t expect to make 5k this way, but when I get mail, I check to see if the stamps have been postmarked.  If not, they get cut off the envelope, soaked off and reused.

I always tell family to use stamps and not get things metered at the post office  ? .  Hopefully one day I’ll get one of these:  https://store.usps.com/store/product/buy-stamps/gateway-arch-S_111304

they have a discount stamp store nearby.

everyone rolls their eyes at me when i tell them i'm going to the discount stamp store.

i'm glad to hear i'm not the only crazy one.

ha! i win!

Comment

I wouldn’t expect to make 5k this way, but when I get mail, I check to see if the stamps have been postmarked.  If not, they get cut off the envelope, soaked off and reused.

I always tell family to use stamps and not get things metered at the post office  ? .  Hopefully one day I’ll get one of these:  https://store.usps.com/store/product/buy-stamps/gateway-arch-S_111304

Be careful, this might be a felony

Comment

Working...
          X