Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you spend your \"fun money\" on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

daycare
    An alt-brown look at medicine, money, faith, & family
    www.RogueDadMD.com

Comment

My wife and I go to Hawaii for two weeks every January. The fist week, I get my CME done at the Hawaiian Eye Meeting, and the second week is ours. The first week is ours too but I'm in CME from 7:30-12:30 M-F also.

Comment

Comment

Vacations and food for us as a physician couple.  I am sensing a common theme here...

For myself, add on golf and soccer (tho golf is the one that actually costs money, soccer just costs time).

Comment

Haven’t been to my local vineyards lately since my wife is nine months pregnant (due this coming week!).

Congratulations

Comment

Vacations primarily.

Some tech toys and photographic equipment during sales time.

Comment

Congrats DMFA.

Mostly vacations, food, coffee. Historically we have purchased a lot of "stuff", we are actively trying to simplify and not buy things but rather spend money on experiences and reaching our goals sooner (moving, financial independence, etc.).

Comment

Cars.  Funny thing is my commute is 10 min each way 4 days a week and 25 minutes each way once a week.  And I hate driving places for vacation (would much rather fly).

Comment

Indulgences  change over time.  Recently, clothes and this camera. https://light.co

Comment

Wine, food, vacations and I lease a nice BMW for $400 a month which is likely a few hundred more per month than if I were being truly frugal with buying used and driving into the ground.

Comment

Scuba diving gear, underwater camera, travel, mountaineering, my nephews, guns and gun licenses, martial arts training, and soon a recording studio session for a solo guitar track
                        Sadly, I have interesting but expensive hobbies...
                        At least some are tax deductible ( I moonlight as a divemaster)

Comment

Booze, dining out, vacations.  Gifts for my wife.

I need to add a 3rd car to the lineup at some point but not yet.   

Comment

Dining out and entertaining in our home.  We are a family of 5.  I'm a tracker, so I felt guilty when I saw that our food spending went above $2600 last month.

Comment

Track days/race cars

Craft beer (mainly IPAs)

Comment

Woodworking although I haven't had time lately.  Last thing I built was in June because I really wanted to build a nice TV stand.  I'm currently taking a night class Woodworking I with a PGY-1.  I was hesitant at first because I have a lot of tools and wasn't big on the table design, but I was definitely wrong.  I've already learned how to use several tools I've never been around, and I'm learning patience with my project (wait 1 week between each session).  While I'm a bit of an introvert (shocking for a pathologist), I've really enjoyed meeting locals from all age ranges and backgrounds.

Comment

Working...
                                X