Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr.V. Investor
    replied
    thanks for the input.  I am reconsidering this.  Maybe I should follow up with the gal.  would anyone know if amwell is better?

Leave a comment:

• jsr52
    replied
    CNA Insurance Companies is the insurer, not sure what state, but my license is MA

Leave a comment:

• jsr52
    replied
    You can see the chief complaint before contacting the patient so in essence you can cherrypick

Leave a comment:

• FIREshrink
    replied

It hurts but improving, thanks! Yeah I actually like teladoc, it seems similar to doing surveys for money, but I actually feel like I’m helping people and the patients seem grateful. I do have some concern that I will pushing antibiotics, but at least I’m aware of it. Are you credentialed in more than one state? I only have a MA license so debating if its worth it to get other states.

which state governs your liability exposure?

Leave a comment:

• DMFA
    replied
    Hmm.  Maybe I should sign my wife up.  Intriguing.  As a pulmonologist I might try to get in on the tobacco cessation portion.  Can you screen patients to your specialty?  Could I just cherry pick mild asthma exacerbations?

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Mom
    replied

It hurts but improving, thanks! Yeah I actually like teladoc, it seems similar to doing surveys for money, but I actually feel like I’m helping people and the patients seem grateful. I do have some concern that I will pushing antibiotics, but at least I’m aware of it. Are you credentialed in more than one state? I only have a MA license so debating if its worth it to get other states.

Glad you are improving.  I'm licensed in 2 states. I considered adding more but the hassle of adding more wasn't worth it to me.  Also, if you don't live in the state you are licensed in, they slow your access to the consults to give the instate doctors first dibs.  So, I don't see Georgia consults as quickly as doctors in Georgia do.  Do not feel pressured to prescribe anything.  Teladoc will contact you if they think you are over-prescribing antibiotics.  My prescription rate is low, but my patient satisfaction is high.  I find many patients just need the reassurance of talking to a doctor.  Happy Teladocing!

Leave a comment:

• jsr52
    replied
    It hurts but improving, thanks! Yeah I actually like teladoc, it seems similar to doing surveys for money, but I actually feel like I'm helping people and the patients seem grateful. I do have some concern that I will pushing antibiotics, but at least I'm aware of it. Are you credentialed in more than one state? I only have a MA license so debating if its worth it to get other states.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Mom
    replied

Just finished my first day on Teladoc. Saw 6 consults while I was already moonlighting. 5 phone at $23/consult, and 1 video consult at $28. Average time per consult was about 6 minutes, and they were quite easy, basically prescribing cold meds.

Did you like it? How's your back?

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Mom
    replied

What are the liability issues with this setup? Are you personally liable, or is it the parent company (Teladoc) or both? Is this covered under your regular malpractice insurance or do you have a separate policy?

1M/3M claims made with tail paid by Teladoc.

Leave a comment:

• MichaelB
    replied
    What are the liability issues with this setup? Are you personally liable, or is it the parent company (Teladoc) or both? Is this covered under your regular malpractice insurance or do you have a separate policy?

Leave a comment:

• jsr52
    replied
    Just finished my first day on Teladoc. Saw 6 consults while I was already moonlighting. 5 phone at $23/consult, and 1 video consult at $28. Average time per consult was about 6 minutes, and they were quite easy, basically prescribing cold meds.

Leave a comment:

• jsr52
    replied
    Does anyone do MDLive or know of anyone that does to compare to teladoc?

Leave a comment:

• FIREshrink
    replied
    At $28 per whack it would take a lot of whacks to feel like this was worthwhile, for me.

Telepsych pays around $125 per hour, which is two patients. I haven't been tempted.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Mom
    replied

I’d be very interested to hear anyone’s opinions and experiences with Teledoc and any other telemedicine services. Dr. Mom, how much did you typically make per hour? Was there much waiting for patients/down time, or were they always available? Was credentialing pretty simple and straight forward?

1.  I don’t do it hourly. Pay currently ranges $23/phone or $28/video consult.

2. Pediatrics patients not always available when I am logged in. Evenings are busier. Adult patients would be more available.  I log in as I am doing other things like reading or checking the forum.

3.  Yes. Took 2 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• Hatton
    replied
    I never heard back from them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X