What's your Market Value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your Market Value

I've heard of some websites that provide market values so you have a sense of what you are worth prior to signing a job contract. Does anyone have a sense of how good these are? If not my real question is does anyone have a sense of the typical starting salary for GI private practice in CT (and not that part of CT that is basically the NYC area)

More than peds!

Comment

I would say for GI I wouldn't take a job for less than 400k and would personally wait to find one in the 600k plus range which might require being geographically flexible but still pretty easy to do imo. I'm in cardiology (similar to gi salaries)and would think I'm "undervalued" (or getting screwed) if I made less than 6. No clue about NE salaries.

Comment

I would say for GI I wouldn’t take a job for less than 400k and would personally wait to find one in the 600k plus range which might require being geographically flexible but still pretty easy to do imo. I’m in cardiology (similar to gi salaries)and would think I’m “undervalued” (or getting screwed) if I made less than 6. No clue about NE salaries.

well someone has to bring the averages down.  otherwise the average salary would be what you make. 

Comment

I didn't find the websites valuable. I am finishing stroke neurology fellowship and I had wide variations in my offers which differed tremendously from what sites like Glassdoor and the like posted. I was geographically constrained to a major metropolitan area so I decided to interview at a lot of places to get a sense of my market value. I interviewed at 11 places (all within a 1.5 hour drive to keep expenses down) and got 10 offers. It helped me a lot with negotiations. I would say to X hospital that Y is offering $xxx and they would usually counter back reasonably. I'd be more than happy to share my particulars for a W-2 based dual inpatient/outpatient neurology community based practice, but I doubt that will be helpful. Hint it is much less than what you will make in GI! Congrats on taking the next step in your career.

Comment

Working...
          X