Latest updates to GOP tax draft bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click to expand…

I dont get what that has to do with anything. They can all and should go to jail if any wrongdoing was done. Its ideological to think anything otherwise. Just because person A commits a crime it does not lessen person B’s crime, its ridiculous. They should all get in trouble. I’d love a clean sweep of all these corrupt people.

Its not that speculative, lets see where this goes.

I'm really over pretending like we don't basically already know where this will end up where Trump's consistent defenders will go on this, which is all the way to "collusion isn't a crime."

My guess, although I might be being unfair, is if we had this thread going 10 months ago ENT Doc would have said we were cuckoo for predicting what has already come to light. The defensible position has gotten smaller and smaller but the defense has not let up in intensity.

Comment

there's no smoking gun on trump, and personally I do not think there is one. it's not that I don't believe trump would have done anything to win the election, it is because I believe trump is far too stupid and far too disorganized to have ever willingly and ably participated in any kind of massive cover up. we would already have the smoking gun now if there was one. now as for kushner, donny jr, etc, who knows.

Russia is not going to get trump impeached.

Comment

there’s no smoking gun on trump, and personally I do not think there is one. it’s not that I don’t believe trump would have done anything to win the election, it is because I believe trump is far too stupid and far too disorganized to have ever willingly and ably participated in any kind of massive cover up. we would already have the smoking gun now if there was one. now as for kushner, donny jr, etc, who knows.

I dont think a competent government agency would willingly involve Trump himself, that would be a disaster. Dont even think it was the plan. Unsure if they thought he would actually win, sure Manafort didnt or he wouldnt have been a part of it.

Always hard to tell what leads to impeachment as its purely political at times. If GOP thinks they can remove and place someone they can control better, I think they would do it.

Comment

there’s no smoking gun on trump, and personally I do not think there is one. it’s not that I don’t believe trump would have done anything to win the election, it is because I believe trump is far too stupid and far too disorganized to have ever willingly and ably participated in any kind of massive cover up. we would already have the smoking gun now if there was one. now as for kushner, donny jr, etc, who knows.

Basically I agree.  This is the leakiest administration in history and if there was collusion we'd know by now.

Comment

Firing Mueller will get Trump impeached and Trump will fire Mueller.

Comment

Click to expand…

Basically I agree.  This is the leakiest administration in history and if there was collusion we’d know by now.

One of their guys has already admitted to attempted collusion. Besides, this is a special investigation, I doubt what causes him problems has anything to do with politics but his businesses or taxes. Almost impossible there isnt something there, there is for almost any business.

Comment

Just making sure: medical sole proprietorship won’t be regarded as a pass-through business under the proposed plan, right?
                My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFF...MwBiAAKd5N8qPg

Comment

Just making sure: medical sole proprietorship won’t be regarded as a pass-through business under the proposed plan, right?

Correct (as reported right now), and we also lose several deductions, so super awesome. The only consolation is it hits a lot of big republican areas in nj, ny, and ca hard where their congress members are up for reelection. Hopefully a no go.

Comment

Click to expand…

Correct (as reported right now), and we also lose several deductions, so super awesome. The only consolation is it hits a lot of big republican areas in nj, ny, and ca hard where their congress members are up for reelection. Hopefully a no go.

Unfortunately not exactly the Republican heartland... 
                    My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFF...MwBiAAKd5N8qPg

Comment

I’m going to move on to another topic...as expected there are reports that the tax plan would also immediately end the Electric Vehicle Tax Credit. I’m not going to ask what everybody thinks of that, instead I’m just asking a simpler question...would the government still have to honor the tax credit for vehicles purchased in 2017? Assuming the new tax plan goes into effect for 2018?
                      Of course I’m asking because I bought an EV this year under the premise that I would get the tax credit. Also considering trading in my wife’s car for a chevy bolt before the end of the year if this tax credit actually does go away.

Comment

depends when enacted. you would hope to be grandfathered in. Tesla is already hurting and theyve lost the belief in their story lately, if it gets enacted theyre probably accelerated toast. Which in the end is good, since continued wasting of money is bad and contrary to all the reports these are the kind of malinvestments made when there is so much money it needs to go somewhere.

Comment

I dont think losing this tax credit is going to hurt the EV market much. The momentum is already there. But that’s a subject worthy of its own thread.
                          I’m just selfishly hoping I’ll still get “my” $7500

Comment

I assumed these changes were for 2018 for taxes due April 2019.  If that is the case, your credit should be safe  

Comment

I dont think losing this tax credit is going to hurt the EV market much. The momentum is already there. But that’s a subject worthy of its own thread.
                              I’m just selfishly hoping I’ll still get “my” $7500

It will crush companies like tesla, whose sole purpose seems to be gaming governmental subsidies and contracts. They had the same set up for solar city and spacex is hardly different. They are governmental payout skimmers, it is the business model. That fades and woo, trouble.

Comment

1. There are 2 smoking guns and 2 others that have obviously been very recently fired. Smoking = DJTJr and "I love it," that rapidly changed from being "disgusting" to even suggesting it happened to he "hey he was just a kid (35) and he wasn't even successful tee hee hee." Also smoking is Trump's public request for Russian intelligence to hack his opponent. Recently fired guns a) the inexplicable changes to GOP platform with respect to Russia ordered by Trump, b) Papadopolous.

2. Trump's stupidity doesn't change the law, although his supporters will soon be arguing that he is innocent b/c of his bumbling nature. If Trump knew that Papa was a Kremlin agent (all evidence points to the fact that he did) and knew that Russia was attempting to influence the election on his behalf (tough to believe at this point that he didn't after Tower meeting) and he changed the GOP platform to be more pro-Russian (he 100% did) then that's conspiracy with a foreign enemy and the fact that he just gets away with ************************ isn't going to impress the FBI.

3. I agree with you that it won't necessarily get him impeached, but that is only b/c we have a party that will tolerate collusion with Putin as long as they can cut marginal tax rates.

Comment

Working...
                                X