i've got old eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i've got old eyes

on the top of the forum, there are a bunch of doctor shadow cartoons.

what's going on with the first guy in the v neck scrubs?  does he have an ice cream in his crotch?  is it drawstrings for scrub pants?  is it a phone? enquiring minds want to know.

Clearly a shampoo bottle.  "I slipped getting out of the shower!"

Comment

I've always wondered about the one in the front.  Is he reaching out to shake someone's hand or preparing to use the Force to choke someone?  An administrator?  Fellow doc?  Patient's family member?  Or maybe just a patient who has self-diagnosed on WebMD.

Comment

on the top of the forum, there are a bunch of doctor shadow cartoons.

what’s going on with the first guy in the v neck scrubs?  does he have an ice cream in his crotch?  is it drawstrings for scrub pants?  is it a phone? enquiring minds want to know.

Shame on you - I read that while I was drinking hot coffee! And can't quit laughing...
        Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Looks like a phone to me. You clearly haven't spent much time looking at shampoo bottle x-rays. The bottle is usually found lower in the pelvis and is always centered.

I think I may have just grossed out Johanna again.

And the guy in the middle is offering a hand of assistance to doctors who need help with their finances. Force choking is done with a higher hand position, the hand rotated more horizontally and the index finger and thumb closer together. Am I the only one here who has already bought tickets to Star Wars 8?
          Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

Before I get grossed out, I first need to figure out what the heck you're talking about, like what a shampoo bottle and a pelvis have in common.
            Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Before I get grossed out, I first need to figure out what the heck you’re talking about, like what a shampoo bottle and a pelvis have in common.

I'll be pleased to enlighten you with a big nose smiley face :O)

Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

And moving this thread to the lounge....

Comment

OMG (audible gasp)

That's not photo-shopped?

Comment

@q-school - #Overflow, or #NoOverflow. That is the ultimate question, if you're a physician dad.

Jim would probably get this reference, if he had any time to spend on Facebook.

Comment

That was awesome. Always fun to enlighten people.

Comment

A colorectal surgery friend of mine has numerous hilarious stories about his ER calls.

Comment

OMGosh.  Audible laughing along with Johanna and an "I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it."

I am grateful that my big-nose smiley face may now become famous.  :O)

cd :O)
                          Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary. -- Isaiah 40:31

Comment

I have no idea if that particular image is photoshopped, but there is an entire book out there with images that are not.

My personal favorites are fruits and vegetables. It's really gratifying to get an apple out with a vaginal speculum and ring forceps and save the patient a laparotomy (surgery).

It's not always funny though. My very first rectal foreign body patient (I was an MS4) died of sepsis. It can be pretty serious, especially since most people are so embarrassed they delay coming in.

Comment

Pathology is kind of the resting place for these things once they come out. There was a pretty epic broom story at a former institution. Rumor has it that it ended up above the diagram. Apparently they did ok...

That is a weird place for a phone though.

Comment

Working...
                              X