Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The White Coat Investor
    replied

Actually, non-skiers fine too! Only difference for skiers is the desirability of a ski-in mountainside location. There are some nice 3-4 bedroom houses available. Could be a lot of fun.

Mixing foxes and beagles on the other hand…
    Click to expand…

Now that was LOL funny.

I’m up for an adventure if you don’t fill your house as long as the view is nice. I can whip up some mean cheese grits for breakfast, too.

Let me know in advance if you're all going to just eat cheese grits. You wouldn't believe what it costs to cater breakfasts in Park City!

Leave a comment:

• nachos31
    replied
    I think Johanna needs a new profile pic clearly showing her hands are free of any axes

I would be interested in airbnb, etc. I am a non-skier (seems to be the most important dichotomizer--if that's a word) and male.

I know nothing about the area but do love eating out whilst vacationing/CME-ing.

We best be careful before this forum turns into the next Craigslist/match.com, what with all these personal ads

Leave a comment:

• Re3iRtH
    replied
    1-star reviews and "terrible business practices" have nothing to do with what I said. Plenty of restaurants have those things Have a good one!

Leave a comment:

• beagler
    replied
    Are we back to social paranoia? I though that was for the Airbnb hosting thread.

Please, no guns in shared accommodations.. If you're paranoid stay at home - it's safer. Also best to not talk to strangers

Leave a comment:

• q-school
    replied

Some ppl might be interested in knowing if you are spayed or neutered.
    Click to expand…

exactly.  who knows if anyone here is telling the truth?  you are asking to spend the night with an internet axe murderer.

Click to expand…

I cannot image that people could be so risk averse to the point of asininity.

Did you know that solo female travelers have been traveling around Europe and Asia, often staying with strangers on couchsurfing.com .. staying at hundreds of these free arrangements, many traveling the world for 1-3 years? How do you think Couchsurfing is still in business? It because you almost never hear of anything bad happening. You probably have a higher chance of being struck by lightning than being raped or murdered by a stranger you meet online (in a similar arrangement to this, a business or meetup social site, airbnb, couchsurfing, etc.)

Its a new world but people are still living in fear like the 1940-50s.

it's funny because i thought you were a military physician.  why do we need a military?

i never heard of couchsurfing before but a quick google search shows a lot of 1 star reviews and complaints of terrible business practices and also sexual harassment.

and this

http://www.businessinsider.com/couchsurfing-the-best-hook-up-app-2013-12

Leave a comment:

• jfoxcpacfp
    replied

Click to expand…

exactly.  who knows if anyone here is telling the truth?  you are asking to spend the night with an internet axe murderer.
    Click to expand…

Did you know that solo female travelers have been traveling around Europe and Asia, often staying with strangers on couchsurfing.com .. staying at hundreds of these free arrangements, many traveling the world for 1-3 years? How do you think Couchsurfing is still in business? It because you almost never hear of anything bad happening. You probably have a higher chance of being struck by lightning than being raped or murdered by a stranger you meet online (in a similar arrangement to this, a business or meetup social site, airbnb, couchsurfing, etc.)

Click to expand…

Have you seen Johanna’s profile picture?  Totally an axe-murderer.

:evil:

Leave a comment:

• G
    replied

Click to expand…

Click to expand…

Have you seen Johanna's profile picture?  Totally an axe-murderer.

Leave a comment:

• Re3iRtH
    replied

Click to expand…

Leave a comment:

• wrysys
    replied
    not big into the ski scene (maybe snowshoe) but also interested in splitting an airbnb over the Doubletree!     Brief bio:  am a California doc, well kempt, no severe sleep apnea.

Leave a comment:

• jfoxcpacfp
    replied

Actually, non-skiers fine too! Only difference for skiers is the desirability of a ski-in mountainside location. There are some nice 3-4 bedroom houses available. Could be a lot of fun.

Mixing foxes and beagles on the other hand…

Now that was LOL funny.

I'm up for an adventure if you don't fill your house as long as the view is nice. I can whip up some mean cheese grits for breakfast, too.

Leave a comment:

• djohnflatfeecfp
    replied

Mixing foxes and beagles on the other hand…  ????

I knew I should have signed up for the conference.  Darn kids and sports!!!  Hopefully they do the conference again the following year as a ski-in location sounds great.  Although I am used to skiing on very groomed and sometimes icy trails between NE Ohio and upstate NY.

Leave a comment:

• beagler
    replied

Mixing foxes and beagles on the other hand...  

Leave a comment:

• jfoxcpacfp
    replied

Well, I’m male if that’s the question. I know the female participants have their own facebook group for discussing shares. I was feeling discriminated against, hence I’m posting here!

Come on guys and gals (non-discriminatory)! Let’s get a few skiers together – it’ll be more fun. The whole point of this conference is making connections.

lol, all in good fun. If I skied, I'd apply, but I don't. Maybe I'll start a thread for non-skier roomies...

Leave a comment:

• beagler
    replied
    Well, I'm male if that's the question. I know the female participants have their own facebook group for discussing shares. I was feeling discriminated against, hence I'm posting here!

Come on guys and gals (non-discriminatory)! Let's get a few skiers together - it'll be more fun. The whole point of this conference is making connections.

Leave a comment:

• VagabondMD
    replied

JFox was on fire yesterday.

I might be interested in sharing an AirBNB. I plan to rent a car and know the area well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X