Guess who I just met?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess who I just met?

Am at the annual Financial Planning Association conference in Nashville this week. Lot of interesting characters running around - yesterday it was coach Phil Fulmer!
    Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Wow, Larry Swedroe himself.

I have read every one of his books and base my investment style on his teachings.

Definitely one of the "good guys."

Comment

What did he talk about at the conference?

Comment

What did he talk about at the conference?

Diversification using factors as opposed to limiting to asset classes only and which factors (out of 600) should be considered. A big one is "momentum" but I'm going to have to listen to the recording to really absorb it (a lot to cover, going very fast). Also, the negative correlation of risk and time (natch). Still in class. He's self-effasive and seems to be especially kind, strong nahthern accent  .
        Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

I enjoyed his latest book on Factor investing, but very much "in the weeds."

Comment

Thought you lived in Kentucky.  Isn't Phil the 'enemy' as a Tennessee coach in Football?  Perhaps you are not a UK or Louisville fan.

Comment

Thought you lived in Kentucky.  Isn’t Phil the ‘enemy’ as a Tennessee coach in Football?  Perhaps you are not a UK or Louisville fan.

UK doesn't have a football team 

Comment

Cool. Tell him to post here now that he retired from Bogleheads!

Comment

Working...
                X