Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Savedfpdoc View Post
    Portal message from patient.

Should be more upset that she’s asking for an early fill or at the lame excuse???
    Is the husband getting them too ? If so his meds are fair game

Comment

Originally posted by nastle View Post

Is the husband getting them too ? If so his meds are fair game
      No he’s not

Comment

Originally posted by BigoteGrande View Post

They searched it because they saw 6 pill bottles in the center console while my friend was looking for his wallet.

Edit: it might’ve been 3-4 bottles, but definitely more than 2. My buddy was very naive about the whole thing but it would not surprise me if plenty of patients drove around with their meds in the car.
        That’s when you tell them to beat it, or get a warrant.

Comment

Originally posted by bovie View Post

That’s when you tell them to beat it, or get a warrant.
          You should tell them to hoist anchor, shove off with respect…

Comment

No he’s not
            Even if you think her case is genuine I would be strict
            otherwise she might show her gratitude by recommending you to another person who is also on pain meds too and you end up getting more patients with similar conditions and situations

no good deed goes unpunished

Comment

I practice in a rural area about 2 hours from any larger city. There is no local pain management, family practice fills the void. Over the years I probably have heard 50 or 60 really interesting “I lost my pain meds” stories. Part of our pain management contract states that we will not provide a replacement rx for ANY reason - and so I never have. Rx for clonidine 0.1mg TID can help a little bit with withdrawal symptoms. Anyone who calls with one of these stories (they can be really very inventive!) gets extra scrutiny moving forward. Amazingly many of these patients don’t fair well with extra surprise pill counts and UDS’s.

PS: I did actually get a call several months ago for a request for replacement lisinopril rx. Washing machine. Who knew!

Comment

Originally posted by Oldman66 View Post
                PS: I did actually get a call several months ago for a request for replacement lisinopril rx. Washing machine. Who knew!
                They’re setting the stage. Kudos on them for being a forward thinker.

Comment

PCP here. I don't prescribe many controlled substances (probably less than 1% of my patients get any from me on a routine basis). When I sign their controlled substance agreement, I specifically mention "crazy" scenarios in regard to early refills and that we don't do them (fell in toilet, dog ate it, etc.). Most of them laugh, but I have not yet had anyone call requesting an early fill. Again, it may be because controlled substances really aren't a part of my practice, but I think saying it upfront helps weed out anyone who may try to use those excuses.

Comment

\
                    Seems sus. Sounds like someone figured out a way to get high off of lisinopril, if you ask me

Comment

I ran my bottle of prednisone through the washer once. The bottle opened. I paid out of pocket for an early refill because it was my mistake. No need to discuss it with my own doc since it's not a controlled substance. Stupid things do happen. The ratio of stupid to shady is very small but it's not zero. Which is why it's so hard.

Comment

Narcotics seem to have an extraordinary high affinity towards sinks and toilets, almost like some sort of magical magnet attracts the vicoden to toilet water.

Comment

I practice in a rural area about 2 hours from any larger city. There is no local pain management, family practice fills the void. Over the years I probably have heard 50 or 60 really interesting “I lost my pain meds” stories. Part of our pain management contract states that we will not provide a replacement rx for ANY reason - and so I never have. Rx for clonidine 0.1mg TID can help a little bit with withdrawal symptoms. Anyone who calls with one of these stories (they can be really very inventive!) gets extra scrutiny moving forward. Amazingly many of these patients don’t fair well with extra surprise pill counts and UDS’s.

AI operated washing machines alerts “ pill in your pocket”
                          next alert “goddammit remove your laundry … do I need to page your prescriber too ?”

Comment

Portal message from patient.

Should be more upset that she’s asking for an early fill or at the lame excuse???
                            so, did you fill it?

Comment

Can't really give input on what to do since I don't manage any chronic controlled substances. They all go to pain mgt, psych, or sleep medicine.

Comment

Originally posted by jacoavlu View Post

so, did you fill it?
                                Nope. Few days later she asked pharmacy to fax request for dilaudid

Comment

Working...
                                X