X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rimram
    replied
    Originally posted by Bmac View Post

Yes. I’m kind of curious why you don’t just use your mobile phone. I like being able to listen to music or a podcast while also being able to call or text in an emergency.
    Same. With air pods you can just set it on the treadmill or keep in your pocket while doing other things. Works for me.

Leave a comment:

• StateOfMyHead
    replied
    Originally posted by jacoavlu View Post
    why dont u want to use Apple Watch. Like it seems to be exactly what would work for you.

i dont use an Apple Watch. But I also don’t have an issue taking my phone w me when running
    You are probably right. Mostly cheapness and also an aversion to additional, unnecessary technology haunting me. Ideally wanted to continue with the small, clip to my waistband $50 type set up that I have used for years. I ordered what looks to be a sleek, modern day fanny pack and will see how that goes with the phone.

Leave a comment:

• VentAlarm
    replied
    Originally posted by pierre View Post

What else do you do with your hands while you are running?
    Not hold a phone.

Leave a comment:

• jacoavlu
    replied
    why dont u want to use Apple Watch. Like it seems to be exactly what would work for you.

i dont use an Apple Watch. But I also don’t have an issue taking my phone w me when running

Leave a comment:

• CordMcNally
    replied
    I just use my hand to hold my phone while I run.
    I’ll admit that I do this, too, and I don’t have a good reason why. I switch hands every mile for even more unknown reasons.

Leave a comment:

• pierre
    replied
    Originally posted by VentAlarm View Post

But why???
    What else do you do with your hands while you are running?

Leave a comment:

• Zaphod
    replied
    Fr 245

Leave a comment:

• StateOfMyHead
    replied
    Originally posted by Brains428 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9MNITrHu9E

CordMcNally I found it for everyone's viewing pleasure.
    Hilarious!

Leave a comment:

• Brains428
    replied
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9MNITrHu9E

CordMcNally I found it for everyone's viewing pleasure.

Leave a comment:

• CordMcNally
    replied
    Originally posted by VentAlarm View Post
    I mostly wear lululemon lined running shorts which have a pocket in the liner for your cell phone that holds it tight against your thigh. After 1-2 times running with it, you won’t notice it. Women’s shorts may have them too, but they may not have enough material in the lined - not sure.
    It’s the Lululemon Women’s shorts that have the pocket…

I actually have no idea but it reminded me when Michael was wearing the women’s suit on The Office.

Leave a comment:

• VentAlarm
    replied
    But why???

Leave a comment:

• VentAlarm
    replied
    Originally posted by StateOfMyHead View Post

I can't really explain it. It feels bulky, annoying. Weighs me down on my 9 minute miles, lol.
    Another vote for cell phone. Plus it can keep your pace.

Are you male or female? If male, do you wear lined running shorts? I mostly wear lululemon lined running shorts which have a pocket in the liner for your cell phone that holds it tight against your thigh. After 1-2 times running with it, you won’t notice it. Women’s shorts may have them too, but they may not have enough material in the lined - not sure. Also, brooks and Nike running shorts often have midline back pockets for a cellphone that holds them tight.

They also make little belts for phones - think the worlds smallest fanny pack. I used it before I started running in the lined shorts. They’re ok - better than an arm wrap and loose pocket phone.

Leave a comment:

• Bmac
    replied
    Another consideration for using an armband or belt: Download Strava (free version fine) and start recording all your runs and rides (if you bike too). It gets kind of addictive and a fun way to measure your exercise over the course of a year. It will determine distance, pace and elevation gain.

Leave a comment:

• pierre
    replied

Leave a comment:

• fatlittlepig
    replied
    Originally posted by StateOfMyHead View Post
    Problem solved, I will buy a used one on ebay.
    CordMcNally I will re-try the arm band thing in the meantime. Thanks all. You guys/gals know everything.
    forget the arm band, you need a waist band or pack, you won't even feel the phone

Leave a comment:

Working...
X