Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iPod replacement for exercising

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I just use my hand to hold my phone while I run.

    Comment


    • #17
      Another consideration for using an armband or belt: Download Strava (free version fine) and start recording all your runs and rides (if you bike too). It gets kind of addictive and a fun way to measure your exercise over the course of a year. It will determine distance, pace and elevation gain.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by StateOfMyHead View Post

        I can't really explain it. It feels bulky, annoying. Weighs me down on my 9 minute miles, lol.
        Another vote for cell phone. Plus it can keep your pace.

        Are you male or female? If male, do you wear lined running shorts? I mostly wear lululemon lined running shorts which have a pocket in the liner for your cell phone that holds it tight against your thigh. After 1-2 times running with it, you won’t notice it. Women’s shorts may have them too, but they may not have enough material in the lined - not sure. Also, brooks and Nike running shorts often have midline back pockets for a cellphone that holds them tight.

        They also make little belts for phones - think the worlds smallest fanny pack. I used it before I started running in the lined shorts. They’re ok - better than an arm wrap and loose pocket phone.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by pierre View Post
          I just use my hand to hold my phone while I run.
          But why???

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by VentAlarm View Post
            I mostly wear lululemon lined running shorts which have a pocket in the liner for your cell phone that holds it tight against your thigh. After 1-2 times running with it, you won’t notice it. Women’s shorts may have them too, but they may not have enough material in the lined - not sure.
            It’s the Lululemon Women’s shorts that have the pocket…

            I actually have no idea but it reminded me when Michael was wearing the women’s suit on The Office.

            Comment


            • #21
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9MNITrHu9E

              CordMcNally I found it for everyone's viewing pleasure.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Brains428 View Post
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9MNITrHu9E

                CordMcNally I found it for everyone's viewing pleasure.
                Hilarious!

                Comment


                • #23
                  Fr 245

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by VentAlarm View Post

                    But why???
                    What else do you do with your hands while you are running?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by pierre View Post
                      I just use my hand to hold my phone while I run.
                      I’ll admit that I do this, too, and I don’t have a good reason why. I switch hands every mile for even more unknown reasons.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        why dont u want to use Apple Watch. Like it seems to be exactly what would work for you.

                        i dont use an Apple Watch. But I also don’t have an issue taking my phone w me when running

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by pierre View Post

                          What else do you do with your hands while you are running?
                          Not hold a phone.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by jacoavlu View Post
                            why dont u want to use Apple Watch. Like it seems to be exactly what would work for you.

                            i dont use an Apple Watch. But I also don’t have an issue taking my phone w me when running
                            You are probably right. Mostly cheapness and also an aversion to additional, unnecessary technology haunting me. Ideally wanted to continue with the small, clip to my waistband $50 type set up that I have used for years. I ordered what looks to be a sleek, modern day fanny pack and will see how that goes with the phone.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Bmac View Post

                              Yes. I’m kind of curious why you don’t just use your mobile phone. I like being able to listen to music or a podcast while also being able to call or text in an emergency.
                              Same. With air pods you can just set it on the treadmill or keep in your pocket while doing other things. Works for me.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X