Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny stereotypes of specialties

I read this online (regarding hospitalists):
    So I took my daughter to an ENT and he asked me if Hospitalists are “real doctors”. Further, he said “It helps me get a good night’s sleep knowing that I won’t be called to put in constipation meds in the middle of the night.”

I thought that was pretty funny, especially since there is some truth to it. Got to be able to laugh at ourselves. Anyone else have any funny stereotypes about your own specialty that has some truth to it ?

I heard this in medical school. Unfortunately there is probably some truth to it.

Where do you hide a $100 bill from a hospitalist???

In the wound dressings.

Where do you hid a $100 bill from a surgeon???

On their kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Lordosis View Post
      I heard this in medical school. Unfortunately there is probably some truth to it.

Where do you hide a $100 bill from a hospitalist???

In the wound dressings.

Where do you hid a $100 bill from a surgeon???

On their kids.
      Where do you hide a $100 bill from the radiologist? On the patient.

Where do you hide a $100 bill from the psychiatrist? In the patient.

Where do you hide a $100 bill from a cardiologist? Trick question. You can't hide a $100 bill from a cardiologist!

Comment

Dr. Glaucomflecken has some hilarious videos on YouTube with physician stereotypes.

Comment

I heard a good one about the MICU consulting an Oncologist to come say goodbye to a long time patient.

Oncolgist rushed to their demented, trach/PEG’d, end stage cancer patient (to of course try one last dose of chemo) but was distraught to discover the patient was missing.

As it turned out, nephrology had already come by and wheeled the patient off to get one more dialysis session in!

Comment

Originally posted by HikingDO View Post
            Dr. Glaucomflecken has some hilarious videos on YouTube with physician stereotypes.
            He's a riot. My medical student daughter got me hooked on him. Some of the funniest caricatures ever.

Comment

Doc Schmidt on Youtube has some pretty funny stuff. Of course, nothing he says about radiology is true at all.......

Comment

Originally posted by VagabondMD View Post

Where do you hide a $100 bill from the radiologist? On the patient.

Where do you hide a $100 bill from the psychiatrist? In the patient.

Where do you hide a $100 bill from a cardiologist? Trick question. You can't hide a $100 bill from a cardiologist!
                I always heard it was "You can't hide a $100 bill from a plastic surgeon"

Comment

Originally posted by mpdoc View Post
                  I always heard it was "You can't hide a $100 bill from a plastic surgeon"
                  Where do you hide $100 from an orthopod? His stethoscope.

Comment

Originally posted by VentAlarm View Post

Where do you hide $100 from an orthopod? His/her stethoscope.
                    Edited it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post

Edited it for you.
                      I mean, if there is a bro specialty….

Comment

I thought it was - where do you hide $100 from an orthopod? In a book

Comment

Wow. Shows my age. When I was a resident a lot of the jokes hid the $100 bill behind the EKG. (once a upon a time there were these things called paper charts….)

Comment

Originally posted by VentAlarm View Post

Where do you hide $100 from an orthopod? His stethoscope.
                            Joke’s on you. I don’t own one.

Comment

Why do they need to put nails in coffins?

1. To stop oncologists from giving another round of chemo.

2. To stop nephrologists from giving another round of dialysis.

Not quite as good as the oncologist/nephrologist combo joke above.

I'm sure some radiologist have some good ones about us ED Docs.

Comment

Working...
                              X