salaries of concierge docs to very wealthy people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• salaries of concierge docs to very wealthy people

So trial of Depp is eye opening. There is mention that he paid some doctor $150k/month.
    "Heard's lawyers have previously said that Depp pays his doctors $150,000 a month, but it is not clear if this referred to Dr. Kipper. "
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ion-trial.html

I have heard of other rich people having personal physicians but wasn't aware of the fees they charge.
    What salaries have you heard or yourself worked for very wealthy people?
    It seems the money they are paying these docs is affecting the decisions by the docs. Look at deaths of Michael Jackson, Diego Marodona (this doc for Depp had him detox on private island instead of actual detox facility) who had private docs who played with dangerous outpatient med treatments.

Wait are you surprised that buying these docs led to poor decision making? Of course when you pay that much money you'll get whatever you want from whoever you want. Free market baby!

Comment

It'd take more than $150k/month for me to sell my soul and start doing stuff with no evidence behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post
        It'd take more than $150k/month for me to sell my soul and start doing stuff with no evidence behind it.
        Agreed but I am sure you can find docs who would do that and more for a fraction.

Comment

Any interest in “pill factories” or “Medicare scams”? Physicians have no natural immunity to “high end” or “low end” ways to make money.
          Not all low end or high end is “bad”.

Comment

I see prescribers do this in the community for much much less. My favorite recent one was a pt seeing an aprn who was giving her opiates as well as tid Xanax and Ativan and klonopin. Reported to the board and apparently they had been practicing without a license for a number of years. I bet they weren't making anywhere close to 150k/ month.

Comment

Maybe WCI should publish an article on these docs as well? They did really well financially.

Comment

Really?

Comment

How much more?

Comment

Concerige doc in NYC: 2500/year/person + whatever he bills insurance. Has 300 patients on his roster. likely pulling in close to 1M.

What is a normal patient load for a PCP(how many total in your practice)?

Comment

Originally posted by wideopenspaces View Post

I see prescribers do this in the community for much much less. My favorite recent one was a pt seeing an aprn who was giving her opiates as well as tid Xanax and Ativan and klonopin. Reported to the board and apparently they had been practicing without a license for a number of years. I bet they weren't making anywhere close to 150k/ month.
                      Uh wow. Not quite Michael Jackson wow but still

Comment

Originally posted by VentAlarm View Post

Really?
                        Yes.

Originally posted by bovie View Post

How much more?
                        I'm not sure but it's more than $150k/month.

Comment

yeah i know someone who does very elite concierge.

not celebrity so much as the most powerful people in the area.

he is actually a very good doc.

at one point he told me comp was around $1M.

that's a lot for sure.

the downside is that boy howdy is he on call all of the time. if someone is paying you a large retainer for medical care you don't get to tell them you're busy at your daughter's soccer game.

my sense was that he had 3 stages to his life
                          1. seeing patients
                          2. communicating with patients online (text and platform)
                          3. sleeping/pooping

i have encountered truly personal physicians a few times, like those who essentially only work for a client or a family. i have not found them to be particularly knowledgeable or helpful. the only exception was a pt who was literally attended by a doc at all times and needed someone to check his compartment (low risk but obviously wanted to keep an eye on it). very easy discharge as the doc was going to be at bedside.

Comment

Originally posted by MPMD View Post
                            yeah i know someone who does very elite concierge.

not celebrity so much as the most powerful people in the area.

he is actually a very good doc.

at one point he told me comp was around $1M.

that's a lot for sure.

the downside is that boy howdy is he on call all of the time. if someone is paying you a large retainer for medical care you don't get to tell them you're busy at your daughter's soccer game.

my sense was that he had 3 stages to his life
                            1. seeing patients
                            2. communicating with patients online (text and platform)
                            3. sleeping/pooping

i have encountered truly personal physicians a few times, like those who essentially only work for a client or a family. i have not found them to be particularly knowledgeable or helpful. the only exception was a pt who was literally attended by a doc at all times and needed someone to check his compartment (low risk but obviously wanted to keep an eye on it). very easy discharge as the doc was going to be at bedside.

No way 1 million/year is enough to be at the beck and call of people who think they are more important than they really are. Would seriously need to be in the 5 million range for me.

Comment

I feel like there's probably some awful medicine being practiced in the concierge arena.

Comment

Working...
                              X