Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your summer travel plans

I'll get it started.
    Two weeks in Maui in June and two weeks in Tuscany In September. We live in a mountain resort area so July and August will be biking, hiking, paddle boarding and maybe some short road trips. We're mid/late 60s, semi retired and great health. No International travel since Covid and I still have some concerns since there is no way to predict case rates and variants. But it doesn't look like this is going away and the clock is ticking. Would like to go back to Africa and some other third world locals but not quite ready for that just yet.

I have 200k Amex points and 150k Alaska airlines points, and i dont know how to optimize their usage. I'm deciding between Thailand or Hawaii or Italy or India.

Comment

At the end of July, a week at the Nebraska Star Party. At the end of August, a trip to mainland Portugal (followed by a trip to the Azores in October).

Comment

My soon to be 14yo went and got a summer job and it's throwing a real wrench into our summer plans. Hoping to spend as much time at our cabin at the lake as possible. Will also go to TX to visit family once or twice. Summer here is usually glorious if the wildfire smoke isn't crazy like last year 🤞🤞

Comment

Summer job at the lake perhaps?

Comment

Will migrate north for a week to escape the oppressive heat/humidity of my home state. Wish it were longer. Eventually would like to spend weeks to months of the summer in Maine but with kids camp/sports doubt it will be anytime soon.

Comment

Going to Europe for few weeks with the family. On points of course for majority 😍

Comment

Originally posted by StarTrekDoc View Post
                Summer job at the lake perhaps?
                Hahaha I like the way you think! Unfortunately the big draw of his job is that like 10 of his friends were all hired as well so he thinks it's going to be a big party 😆 I don't think he'd be so gung ho about a job at the lake!

Comment

Phoenix in a couple weeks.
                  Upper Michigan for a long weekend in July.
                  Socal for a long weekend in August.

Maybe NYC long weekend in June.

Thinking fall cruise and disneyworld for Christmas.

Gotta make up for not traveling during covid.

Comment

Paris, baby, here I come.

Yes, escaping the forced confinement. Late June in Paris and Florence / Rome for 2.5 weeks. If it goes well, another trip in Sept/ October somewhere outside. As said earlier, my clock is ticking and I can't be bothered about COVID any longer. Luckily most countries have no more restrictions with no quarantine, stupid pcr or antigen tests, and now even the vaccination certificates and green pass / super pass are gone. Masks at some places but most are eager to attract visitors without restrictions.

Comment

Grand Cayman

Comment

Summer at the cottage on the eastern shore of Lake Huron. Living the dream. UK relatives visiting for two weeks in August.

Comment

We're taking a quick weekend to Dry Tortugas in a few weeks, then going to Gulf Shores with the whole family for a week and a half this summer. Planning a trip to Zion and Arches this fall. It's challenging to do a whole lot with three kiddos under 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamban View Post
                            Paris, baby, here I come.
                            Same! July London -normandy-paris two week jaunt.

Comment

The great thing about being empty nesters is that we can travel off-peak season. We're also going to Maui in early June, before most schools let out. Also going to Portugal late September. Pit.alumni, what's your favorite food place on Maui. We love Eskimo Candy (takeout large varieties of Poke) and Nalu's in Kihei.

Comment

Working...
                              X