No announcement yet.

Have you bought any new toys lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does buying new snorkeling gear count? I'm picking up a new set of fins and some dive skins. Not expensive, but worth the cost!

Comment

Originally posted by The White Coat Investor View Post

It is pretty amazing what people will buy as far as a truck or large SUV and then just use it as a grocery getter. If you never drive it offroad, haul anything, carry 8 or 9 people, or tow anything, a mini-van works just as well as something like a Suburban or Sequoia and one can commute in a leaf or civic or whatever just fine.

One of my favorite Maverick reviews was simply: "it hauls air just as good as an F-150"
      Last edited by SerrateAndDominate; 04-21-2022, 10:30 AM. Reason: edit a silly typo. derp

Comment

Bought 3 new car seats to fit across the sedan to prep for #3- cheaper than a new vehicle! No four-letter words were said during installation

Comment

Fender Telecaster Player series ( had to grow up from my Squier, even though I’m not worthy)
          Glock 17 gen 5 ( definitely not what I needed, I’m anti second amendment with a gun collection)

Comment

Originally posted by K82 View Post
            A goosebuster pro to keep the stinken geese away from my pond! (sort of a toy!)

https://bird-x.com/bird-products/ele...ingle-speaker/
            I set up my coyote decoy just this past weekend to keep the marauding geese off lawn at the cottage. Also use the water scarecrows which are quite effective and great fun with unsuspecting visitors and their pets.

I recently bought a Hobie Oasis tandem kayak so DW and I won't have to yell (so much) at each other out on the lake. I'm sure neighbours will appreciate.

Comment

It is pretty amazing what people will buy as far as a truck or large SUV and then just use it as a grocery getter. If you never drive it offroad, haul anything, carry 8 or 9 people, or tow anything, a mini-van works just as well as something like a Suburban or Sequoia and one can commute in a leaf or civic or whatever just fine.
              Agreed except minivan works better

Comment

Originally posted by childay View Post
                Agreed except minivan works better
                I feel joy when I'm utilizing my odyssey.

Comment

Originally posted by uptoolate View Post

I set up my coyote decoy just this past weekend to keep the marauding geese off lawn at the cottage. Also use the water scarecrows which are quite effective and great fun with unsuspecting visitors and their pets.

I recently bought a Hobie Oasis tandem kayak so DW and I won't have to yell (so much) at each other out on the lake. I'm sure neighbours will appreciate.
                  That is an AWESOME kayak! great one! Fantastic even! very cool.

Comment

Nice. I'm jealous. I wish kayaking was part of my hobby repertoire.
                    Be careful though. Since danger of physical activities is of concern.

Fatality rate of kayak use is 1.02/100,000

(https://yaklogic.com/kayaking-statis...20all%20deaths.) 5.3(all boating accidents)/100,000 x 19.3%<percent of paddlecrafts>

Fatality rate of cyclists 0.45/100,000

https://crashstats.nhtsa.dot.gov/Api...ication/813197

But YOLO! Paddle on.

Comment

Originally posted by bovie View Post

Diving?
                      Is there something else to do on Roatan I should know about?
                      Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

Is there something else to do on Roatan I should know about?
                        Spent 10 days on a liveaboard with a couple that only got in the water once…to snorkel. So odd. Nothing surprises me anymore.

Good time to be there though, fingers crossed for some whale sharks!

Not sure if you dive Nitrox or are into wrecks, but if so, don’t miss the Aguila.

Comment

Not looking for a smallish pick up, nor one with "truck functionality without the massive size and gas bill." I'm looking for a truck with massive size, massive functionality, and a massive diesel bill that I can drive to remote places with no charging stations pulling and hauling heavy loads and 6 people.

It's an F-250 Super Duty with all the bells and whistles. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to get it until I won't need it again for 8 months.

The Maverick tows 2,000 lbs. I take 2,000 lbs in gasoline and water alone and that doesn't include the boat and camping gear. I'm getting something bigger because I'm already exceeding my Sequoia's towing limit (7,500 lbs).
                          No GMC Denali for the Alaskan?

Comment

Originally posted by bovie View Post

Spent 10 days on a liveaboard with a couple that only got in the water once…to snorkel. So odd. Nothing surprises me anymore.
                            What makes it even odder is that there are actually liveaboards which specifically cater to snorkelers. So if you only want to snorkel, why sign up for a dive boat liveaboard instead of a snorkeling liveaboard?

Maybe they wanted a very unusual small ship cruise experience?

Comment

I have a couple of the coyote decoys and 4 swan decoys along with the noise maker. I would love the water scarecrow but the distance to cover is too great for it to be effective. I keep telling my wife they taste like chicken but so far no go....

Comment

I bought my wife and myself nice new luggage yesterday. I posted on here a year ago asking about nice luggage and kind of hemmed and hawed because we didn’t have a big trip planned. Now, with our big California trip coming up, we had a reason to pull the trigger. I bought myself a big checked and matching small carryon Delsey suitcase and my wife a large checked bag and small carryon duffel that she loves. They were 60% off and got another 20% off for getting a Belk card that we’re going to cancel as soon as we get the bill. They seem really nice and well-made, plus they have a 10y warranty unlike the previous 2-3 sets of luggage we’ve destroyed in the past decade.

Comment

Working...
                                X