Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FIREshrink View Post
    First international/overseas trip in a decade
    Mine is almost that long. First international trip in 5 years. I feel cooped up like a caged tiger and ready to get out.

I don't care about COVID or red / green warnings anymore. Just getting out of USA to Europe this summer and plan to do one more international trip by the end of the year.

Comment

I bought an Intense 951 XC mountain bike. My daughter got a mountain bike for Christmas and wants to go, so I needed to get a bike so I could ride with her. Was more than I wanted to spend, but I also wanted something decent.

Comment

Originally posted by abds View Post
        Just got some new mizuno irons and a TM driver to replace some approximately 7 year old clubs.
        Did you get fitted and everything? I have a newer TM driver, 3 wood, and hybrid, but my cavity backed irons are 25 years old. I started playing seriously again last year but told myself I wasn’t going to get new clubs unless I could post a respectable score, then one of my last rounds out at my club I shot a 77 from the second furthest back set of tees. So maybe it’s time. I had also heard that there were lots of back orders on clubs. Was that your experience as well?

Comment

About to go to on a big California trip for our 10th anniversary. Flying first class. Eating at the French Laundry. Great wineries. Going to a game at Oracle.

Comment

Loving all this travel.

Going with the wife to Lake Como in the fall.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower View Post

Did you get fitted and everything? I have a newer TM driver, 3 wood, and hybrid, but my cavity backed irons are 25 years old. I started playing seriously again last year but told myself I wasn’t going to get new clubs unless I could post a respectable score, then one of my last rounds out at my club I shot a 77 from the second furthest back set of tees. So maybe it’s time. I had also heard that there were lots of back orders on clubs. Was that your experience as well?
              With the new tech there’s no reason not to get fitted anymore.

Comment

Summer Labrador brook trout lodge trip

Comment

Originally posted by Otolith View Post
                  Summer Labrador brook trout lodge trip
                  Twin brother and best friend visiting on Cape cod, rental 1 mile from _______ (awesome kayak launch site not to be named……spies looking for my spots!), fishing on opening day of black sea bass…..yummy and fight like the devil & they eat almost anything when spawning!!! Oh yeah…..it is ON!

Hog on! Get some!

Comment

Originally posted by Tangler View Post

Twin brother and best friend visiting on Cape cod, rental 1 mile from _______ (awesome kayak launch site not to be named……spies looking for my spots!), fishing on opening day of black sea bass…..yummy and fight like the devil & they eat almost anything when spawning!!! Oh yeah…..it is ON!

Hog on! Get some!
                    This made me laugh. Spoken like a true angler. Love it. Jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower View Post

Yes I got fitted for everything. I recommend that for everyone regardless of skill level. The driver only took a few days to come in but the irons took about 4 weeks. I have heard about much longer backorders than that (4-6 months for irons), so maybe going through my country club helped speed things along.

Comment

Originally posted by The White Coat Investor View Post

Not looking for a smallish pick up, nor one with "truck functionality without the massive size and gas bill." I'm looking for a truck with massive size, massive functionality, and a massive diesel bill that I can drive to remote places with no charging stations pulling and hauling heavy loads and 6 people.

It's an F-250 Super Duty with all the bells and whistles. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to get it until I won't need it again for 8 months.

The Maverick tows 2,000 lbs. I take 2,000 lbs in gasoline and water alone and that doesn't include the boat and camping gear. I'm getting something bigger because I'm already exceeding my Sequoia's towing limit (7,500 lbs).
                        Nothing wrong with that. sounds like exactly what you need. I'm just glad the Maverick offers a practical option for those of us who don't really tow (aka most truck owners).

I don't blame you for going with a Ford over a Chevy. I have a used GMC Terrain that's given me a lot of problems, luckily within recall dates, but I'm done with Chevy

Comment

Originally posted by Kamban View Post

Mine is almost that long. First international trip in 5 years. I feel cooped up like a caged tiger and ready to get out.

I don't care about COVID or red / green warnings anymore. Just getting out of USA to Europe this summer and plan to do one more international trip by the end of the year.
                          We would have never made it that long. We made it from December 2019 to November 2021 and that seemed like forever, especially to my wife. If we hadn't been able to travel domestically (New Orleans for Christmas 2020, a trip to SC in there somewhere for her, numerous trips around the West), it would have been much worse.

It was kind of nice getting rid of all the work travel though to be honest.

I think we're catching up though.

Nov 21: Spain
                          Dec 21: Greece
                          March 22: Canada
                          March 22: Costa Rica
                          April 22: Roatan
                          Oct 22: Croatia

My wife is trying for 50 countries by 50 and I don't see why she won't make it. I'm actually not that far behind her, but we have different countries. She has more in Asia and Europe, but I've got more in Latin America and the Middle East.
                          Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

Originally posted by SerrateAndDominate View Post

Nothing wrong with that. sounds like exactly what you need. I'm just glad the Maverick offers a practical option for those of us who don't really tow (aka most truck owners).

I don't blame you for going with a Ford over a Chevy. I have a used GMC Terrain that's given me a lot of problems, luckily within recall dates, but I'm done with Chevy
                            It is pretty amazing what people will buy as far as a truck or large SUV and then just use it as a grocery getter. If you never drive it offroad, haul anything, carry 8 or 9 people, or tow anything, a mini-van works just as well as something like a Suburban or Sequoia and one can commute in a leaf or civic or whatever just fine.
                            Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

April 22: Roatan
                              Diving?

Comment

My wife is trying for 50 countries by 50 and I don't see why she won't make it. I'm actually not that far behind her, but we have different countries. She has more in Asia and Europe, but I've got more in Latin America and the Middle East.
                                Excellent goal! Then set your sights on 100

Comment

Working...
                                X