Have you bought any new toys lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhwkr542 View Post
    Bucknell XE rangefinder for golf. Probably way over the top but the last one was cheap and stopped working after only 2 years.
    18Birdies is also a helpful phone app.

Comment

I bought a gallon of gas yesterday. I was going to buy 2 gallons but I didn’t really want to tap into my home equity to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by jhwkr542 View Post
        Bucknell XE rangefinder for golf. Probably way over the top but the last one was cheap and stopped working after only 2 years.
        Very nice.

Comment

Bought a beat up motorcycle the same model as my other motorcycle, except this one had some major offroad upgrades. Intend to transfer the upgrades and then sell this one, but the new one also needed clutch service, refreshing the forks, greasing bearings etc., so I did all that and kinda grew attached to it. I'll probably come out ahead a couple thousand dollars when I sell it, since I'm harvesting all the good parts, but it's good riding season so I'll wait for the peak heat of summer before doing all the wrenching.

Comment

Originally posted by legobikes View Post
            Bought a beat up motorcycle the same model as my other motorcycle, except this one had some major offroad upgrades. Intend to transfer the upgrades and then sell this one, but the new one also needed clutch service, refreshing the forks, greasing bearings etc., so I did all that and kinda grew attached to it. I'll probably come out ahead a couple thousand dollars when I sell it, since I'm harvesting all the good parts, but it's good riding season so I'll wait for the peak heat of summer before doing all the wrenching.
            Be careful boss.

Comment

Bought some summer tires for my 2 seater I guess.
              My wife bought the RV..

Comment

Just got some new mizuno irons and a TM driver to replace some approximately 7 year old clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by Tangler View Post

What type of truck? I eventually want a truck......not practical for me now, but I like the idea of a smallish pickup.

Maverick?

I decided to get one since I just made partner early and all other financials are in motion. I'd like the functionality of a truck without the massive size and gas bill. Can't order a '23 version until mid-August
                  Not looking for a smallish pick up, nor one with "truck functionality without the massive size and gas bill." I'm looking for a truck with massive size, massive functionality, and a massive diesel bill that I can drive to remote places with no charging stations pulling and hauling heavy loads and 6 people.

It's an F-250 Super Duty with all the bells and whistles. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to get it until I won't need it again for 8 months.

The Maverick tows 2,000 lbs. I take 2,000 lbs in gasoline and water alone and that doesn't include the boat and camping gear. I'm getting something bigger because I'm already exceeding my Sequoia's towing limit (7,500 lbs).
                  Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

Originally posted by The White Coat Investor View Post

Not looking for a smallish pick up, nor one with "truck functionality without the massive size and gas bill." I'm looking for a truck with massive size, massive functionality, and a massive diesel bill that I can drive to remote places with no charging stations pulling and hauling heavy loads and 6 people.

It's an F-250 Super Duty with all the bells and whistles. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to get it until I won't need it again for 8 months.

The Maverick tows 2,000 lbs. I take 2,000 lbs in gasoline and water alone and that doesn't include the boat and camping gear. I'm getting something bigger because I'm already exceeding my Sequoia's towing limit (7,500 lbs).
                    Nice. My FIL just got a ram 2500 fully loaded. The new trucks with all the bells and whistles are NICE.

Out of curiosity, why’d you go with the Ford over a GMC/Chevy/Ram?

Comment

First international/overseas trip in a decade

Comment

Originally posted by VentAlarm View Post

Nice. My FIL just got a ram 2500 fully loaded. The new trucks with all the bells and whistles are NICE.

Out of curiosity, why’d you go with the Ford over a GMC/Chevy/Ram?
                        Still mad about the Durango, so that rules out Ram. Basically, I could get more options with a front bench seat with a Ford than I could with a Chevy. I did have to confess to my dad though. We only had Chevys growing up.
                        Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post

18Birdies is also a helpful phone app.
                          Too late . I've actually tried it and the Golf Pad app but my phone's GPS isn't reliable enough on the course I play. Plus, how else will I get yardage adjustments for barometric pressure?

Comment

not a toy but - a super nice tropical trip complete with helicopter transfer to hotel area from the further away international airport instead of suffering a 1.5 hr car trip

Comment

The best sort of purchase - an experience. Just booked trip to hike/explore New Zealand.

Comment

Disney Cruise
                                Mac Studio
                                Studio Display

Comment

Working...
                                X