Have you bought any new toys lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by burritos View Post
    WTF? Is that a wood chipper? Was sure nothing on this thread was going to make me jelly. I stand abruptly corrected.

Here is my woodchipper.
    https://www.uline.ca/Product/Detail/...gePopupIndex=0

It’s 15 years old.
    Heck yes. I use the same pair too! Those loppers are step one for me then all of that goes into the chipper. I have a lot of downed limbs and trimming to do every year. I really don't want to burn the limb rubbish because I hate breathing it and don't want to burn my neighbor's house down. The other option is hauling off but the dump site in the area is a good drive away and they charge you a dump fee (which they turn into mulch then re-sell to you). This works out great because I get free mulch for the garden / trees / compost. It should pay for itself in 10 years

Comment

Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post

It does bodies, too.
      I was wondering how they made that red mulch!

Comment

9' 8wt fly rod for St George Island this June

Comment

Originally posted by childay View Post

I was wondering how they made that red mulch!
          The red mulch is ‘dye free’ but not ‘die free’.

Comment

Originally posted by tndoc View Post

Heck yes. I use the same pair too! Those loppers are step one for me then all of that goes into the chipper. I have a lot of downed limbs and trimming to do every year. I really don't want to burn the limb rubbish because I hate breathing it and don't want to burn my neighbor's house down. The other option is hauling off but the dump site in the area is a good drive away and they charge you a dump fee (which they turn into mulch then re-sell to you). This works out great because I get free mulch for the garden / trees / compost. It should pay for itself in 10 years
            Had my queen palms trimmed 2 months ago. It would have been $50 additional for disposal. They stated that their chipper couldn’t process it. So I had them pile it 8 ft high in my backyard. Over 8 hours(2 hr intervals x 4 over the weekend) I looped them into manageable pieces. Laid them on the ground(just like they did for Jesus) around my plants and trees. Then over a month procured my weekly woodchips from the city communal woodchip pile 4-5 boxes at a time. Used the chips to cover palms(with starbucks grounds). Today u can’t even tell that the palm bolus was ever there and the soil microbes will be feasting for a long sustained time.

Comment

A goosebuster pro to keep the stinken geese away from my pond! (sort of a toy!)

https://bird-x.com/bird-products/ele...ingle-speaker/

Comment

Originally posted by K82 View Post
                A goosebuster pro to keep the stinken geese away from my pond! (sort of a toy!)

https://bird-x.com/bird-products/ele...ingle-speaker/
                Might have gone for something a little, how shall we say, louder

Interesting contraption though!

Comment

Tandem road bike.

Decided we had used our Craigslist tandem enough to justify the larger purchase.

Then the pedals and the handlebar and the stem and the shoes and the video fitting…

Sometimes I ride it myself when spouse is at work.

Comment

Bought an Xbox Series X now that they’re finally in stock.

Thinking about adding a detached garage or a garage lift so I can add another fun car to the fleet. Right now I have an air-cooled 911 and my dream is to pair it with a modern GT3.

Comment

Technivorm moccamaster

Comment

Originally posted by burritos View Post

EV?
                        Not yet. Can't get an EV that does what I need it to.
                        Last edited by The White Coat Investor; 04-20-2022, 11:41 AM.
                        Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

Originally posted by bovie View Post

Might have gone for something a little, how shall we say, louder

Interesting contraption though!
                          Oh, I have that as well. I'm trying the humane path first.......!

Comment

Originally posted by The White Coat Investor View Post
                            It's hard to buy anything these days. I bought a packraft 3 months ago. Still waiting for delivery. Ordered at truck 5 months ago. Ford hasn't even started to make it yet.
                            What type of truck? I eventually want a truck......not practical for me now, but I like the idea of a smallish pickup.

Comment

Originally posted by The White Coat Investor View Post
                              It's hard to buy anything these days. I bought a packraft 3 months ago. Still waiting for delivery. Ordered at truck 5 months ago. Ford hasn't even started to make it yet.
                              Maverick?

I decided to get one since I just made partner early and all other financials are in motion. I'd like the functionality of a truck without the massive size and gas bill. Can't order a '23 version until mid-August

Comment

Bucknell XE rangefinder for golf. Probably way over the top but the last one was cheap and stopped working after only 2 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X