Hospital credentialing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hospital credentialing?

Is there anything more fun than spending hours typing in the old employment and educational info for hospital credentialing?

They have requested everything short of a brain biopsy.

Almost as fun as a mortgage application.

Prior addresses and email contacts for undergraduate education are critical for an almost 50 year old anesthesiologist.

Do you think anyone reads this stuff?

I think it is like charting. They frequently add required info but never subtract anything and it snowballs.

I also wonder about how secure the info is. It would be an ID theft dream.

Prior addresses? Have you ever had a speeding ticket? List every prior medical license number and when it was issued and expired.

Not insurmountable, but I wonder how many hospital administrators have to fill out this much data when they are hired?

You would think this could be an opportunity for a business to provide some kind of database that every hospital could use and save everyone time.

Comment

Ours is electronic , just click on the boxes that need to updated and send with electronic signature, it took me less than 5 minutes to update

Comment

Death by 1000 paper cuts. This sort of nonsense is why if I have to choose between going through credentialing at another institution or retiring, I will retire. So much paperwork, and so much of it useless! I am tired of jumping through the hoops.

Comment

Originally posted by Random1 View Post
          Ours is electronic , just click on the boxes that need to updated and send with electronic signature, it took me less than 5 minutes to update
          Re-credentialing is a joke. 5 min worth of nonsense. The initial credentialing is where they want the brain biopsy and the history of your toilet training success.

Comment

I had to go through that garbage when I wanted to get privileges at another hospital in the same system. They even asked me for another three references and said they couldn’t use the same ones I submitted three months ago. “Sorry, we might get audited.” Give me a ****ing break!

Comment

Originally posted by Lithium View Post
              I had to go through that garbage when I wanted to get privileges at another hospital in the same system. They even asked me for another three references and said they couldn’t use the same ones I submitted three months ago. “Sorry, we might get audited.” Give me a ****ing break!
              I'm currently in this situation and until they are willing to access the data that is in the system and less than 1 year old I will not be assisting at the new hospital.

Comment

The fun continues!
                Time black hole.
                Death by a 1000 small cuts.
                Almost done! (I think)

Comment

unless you’re like a 1 man operation then someone else should be completing paperwork amirite?

The ones that annoy me greatly are peer refences that come as email attachments. They should be electronic or docusign. Print, complete, scan or fax is too much for passive aggressive me

Comment

[QUOTE=jacoavlu;n329649]unless you’re like a 1 man operation then someone else should be completing paperwork amirite? /QUOTE]

I am not very important. Just an ordinary anesthesia doctor.

Besides, someone would need to be competent and someone would ask me to answer all the questions so they could then use that info to enter the data.

Life. Not insurmountable.

Comment

Originally posted by Tangler View Post
                      Is there anything more fun than spending hours typing in the old employment and educational info for hospital credentialing?

They have requested everything short of a brain biopsy.

Almost as fun as a mortgage application.

Prior addresses and email contacts for undergraduate education are critical for an almost 50 year old anesthesiologist.

Do you think anyone reads this stuff?

I think it is like charting. They frequently add required info but never subtract anything and it snowballs.

I also wonder about how secure the info is. It would be an ID theft dream.

Prior addresses? Have you ever had a speeding ticket? List every prior medical license number and when it was issued and expired.

Not insurmountable, but I wonder how many hospital administrators have to fill out this much data when they are hired?
                      Im sure hs is very important to know.

They should just credential check the last important bit. Like residency/license and not undergrad or middles school since one requires the other.

The expired and no longer used stuff is super annoying. Kind of like NPI when some pharmas call, i dont have this memorized, dont you know how to google, cuz thats what I do?

Comment

[QUOTE=Tangler;n329657]
                        Originally posted by jacoavlu View Post
                        unless you’re like a 1 man operation then someone else should be completing paperwork amirite? /QUOTE]

I am not very important. Just an ordinary anesthesia doctor.

Besides, someone would need to be competent and someone would ask me to answer all the questions so they could then use that info to enter the data.

Life. Not insurmountable.
                        Yeah I have a word doc with a scammers dream of info i just copy paste, copy paste, copy paste.

Comment

credential and licensing offices are basically like dmv and tsa. Battle to your own demise

Comment

Originally posted by jacoavlu View Post
                            unless you’re like a 1 man operation then someone else should be completing paperwork amirite?

The ones that annoy me greatly are peer refences that come as email attachments. They should be electronic or docusign. Print, complete, scan or fax is too much for passive aggressive me
                            Also a pet peeve of mine. Solution: Convert to pdf, complete and sign electronically and email back. No printing, no scanning, no faxing. This old dog learned a few more new tricks during the Covid pandemic.

Comment

Originally posted by White.Beard.Doc View Post

Also a pet peeve of mine. Solution: Convert to pdf, complete and sign electronically and email back. No printing, no scanning, no faxing. This old dog learned a few more new tricks during the Covid pandemic.
                              I do same, but then it should have been docusign in the first place

Comment

Working...
                              X