Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 hotel room cost

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Sampter View Post
    So yes, as a theme park essentially gone most of the day and evening and only go back to crash. They are not "old" teenagers as well. It is a very small amount of time that I am annoyed, so trying to decide if worth the extra 4K.
    extra 4k? either this is a month long vacation or crazy expensive room. I probably wouldn't staying at a place this expensive with children. Another reason to collect a variety of credit card points.

    Comment


    • #17
      A week at Disney or Universal with a family of 4 in one of the on-property hotels you are going to pay 5K easily for one room. You can clearly do it cheaper, but then farther away, etc.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by HandFellow View Post

        extra 4k? either this is a month long vacation or crazy expensive room. I probably wouldn't staying at a place this expensive with children. Another reason to collect a variety of credit card points.
        One week at $500/night plus taxes/resort fees will get you to $4000 pretty easy, which is actually a pretty good rate for some of the nicer Disney World Resort properties, for example.

        Completely agree about the card points, but those are usually fairly limited in terms of staying on-site at branded theme parks. No idea if that's where OP is actually going, but it sounds like it may be something similar.

        They do give you other options to avoid having to shell out $4000 to not be occasionally irritated by teenagers though.

        Comment


        • #19
          I'd do it if you can swing it. We do a 1 bedroom suite or connecting rooms with 2 kids. I really hate sleeping all in the same room as no one sleeps very well.

          Comment


          • #20
            I'd do it just for the second bathroom.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Sampter View Post
              A week at Disney or Universal with a family of 4 in one of the on-property hotels you are going to pay 5K easily for one room. You can clearly do it cheaper, but then farther away, etc.
              You may want to try to rent points from a dvc member. Saves huge amounts and still onsite.

              For those no theme park goers. Grand Californian hotel room typically runs 500-800 per night.

              Comment


              • #22
                The closest card points you'll get for wdw is swan and dolphin via Marriott points. That'll get you between Epcot and Hollywood studios and a very nice property

                Comment


                • #23
                  Just came off a family trip. Didn't get a separate room for any part of it. Did get some suites though. The first place (half the trip) was a two bedroom suite with a pull out in the living room/kitchen in the middle. So it was like our own room. The next place (one night) was two queens and a pull out all in one room. But it did have a water park, so that kind of made up for it. The next place had two queens in the bedroom and a pullout in the separate living room. So two of the teenagers were in with us and the other two kids were in the pullout. The last place was two queens and a pullout right next to each other all in one room. The biggest problem with one room seemed to be only having one bathroom!

                  I think for a night or two I don't mind the kids being in with us. But the whole trip? No way. Totally worth paying extra at least for a separate bed and bath even in a shared suite.

                  I didn't have a choice though. Katie booked it all. And the only thing worse than having the kids in with you is making all the arrangements yourself.
                  Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by The White Coat Investor View Post
                    Just came off a family trip. Didn't get a separate room for any part of it. Did get some suites though. The first place (half the trip) was a two bedroom suite with a pull out in the living room/kitchen in the middle. So it was like our own room. The next place (one night) was two queens and a pull out all in one room. But it did have a water park, so that kind of made up for it. The next place had two queens in the bedroom and a pullout in the separate living room. So two of the teenagers were in with us and the other two kids were in the pullout. The last place was two queens and a pullout right next to each other all in one room. The biggest problem with one room seemed to be only having one bathroom!

                    I think for a night or two I don't mind the kids being in with us. But the whole trip? No way. Totally worth paying extra at least for a separate bed and bath even in a shared suite.

                    I didn't have a choice though. Katie booked it all. And the only thing worse than having the kids in with you is making all the arrangements yourself.
                    This is what we've moved to when travelling with kids to non-resort hotels -- embassy suites/hyatt place/residence inn -- most have 2b+ 1pullout layout and standard breakfast --

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by StarTrekDoc View Post
                      The closest card points you'll get for wdw is swan and dolphin via Marriott points. That'll get you between Epcot and Hollywood studios and a very nice property
                      cards that reimburse for travel expenses usually redeem at 1 cent per point. So 50k points per night for $500. I guess if I understood the appeal of Disney I would understand paying the same price for a room there as I did in French Polynesia for an overwater bungalow.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by bovie View Post

                        One week at $500/night plus taxes/resort fees will get you to $4000 pretty easy, which is actually a pretty good rate for some of the nicer Disney World Resort properties, for example.

                        Completely agree about the card points, but those are usually fairly limited in terms of staying on-site at branded theme parks. No idea if that's where OP is actually going, but it sounds like it may be something similar.

                        They do give you other options to avoid having to shell out $4000 to not be occasionally irritated by teenagers though.
                        I understand math. I don't understand DIsney and the people that worship at the alter of Disney.

                        Travel expenses are reimbursed by some cards as statement credits.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by HandFellow View Post

                          I understand math. I don't understand DIsney and the people that worship at the alter of Disney.
                          .
                          Ok Capt Hook

                          There's so much under Disney's tent these days -- nothing?

                          Yes, Tahiti was awesome. Did 2 weeks in the Paul Gaugin from Tahiti-Fiji. There's a place for both to appreciate nature and one's imagination to run a little wild

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X