2 hotel room cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 hotel room cost

How much extra would you be willing to pay to get 2 hotel rooms instead of 1 for a family of 4? AirBnB is not an option as want to stay on property at a theme park. It's getting to the point that sharing one room with my children (teenagers) is tiresome for a variety of reasons.

To make a trip more enjoyable, a lot. Spend your money on happiness and on things that make you less unhappy.

Comment

For teenagers, it would be built into the cost of the trip. No way am I sleeping with my kids when they are teenagers

Comment

Two rooms are a great convenience. I would expect the cost to be 1 additional room. Now, the number of nights and who pays for it is a family decision.

Comment

For teenagers, it would be something approaching an infinite amount.

Comment

I didn't know my wife was posting on this board, and under 3 handles no less. Still not a fan for paying for business class though, but that is quickly becoming a trumpable opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by bovie View Post
              For teenagers, it would be something approaching an infinite amount.
              This. Same for anyone who snores.

Comment

I would sleep in the parking lot in a tent before I ever shared a room with teenagers, even if they were my own.

Comment

I am not sure how this is even a question. If I had to pile into a hotel room with my wife and two teens (now in the their early 20's), I would sooner cancel the trip.

PS Please tell me that they are no longer sitting on your lap for the flight .

Comment

I guess we have great teens 🤪

As we've grown they've learned to utilize the other spaces like the balcony a lot more.

For rooms with only two beds we being an automatic inflating full size and they alternate.

For a theme park, really you're using mostly to crash and sleep and non theme park days at the pool and resort activities.

Comment

We do this more times than not and it's been great. We get adjoining rooms and leave the door open (if we can't get adjoining rooms then we won't). We have an infant so we put the pack and play in the other room and we're fortunate enough to bring my mother along to help out, so it works great for us. I'm as frugal as the next person but I'm willing to do this if it means better sleep!

Comment

There are a small number of hotels with a true 2-bedroom suite, meaning each bedroom has its own door. Little bit cheaper than 2 separate rooms. Usually a medium-priced hotel, which I prefer.

Comment

Yes I'm down for the two rooms when travelling with teenage children.

Comment

So yes, as a theme park essentially gone most of the day and evening and only go back to crash. They are not "old" teenagers as well. It is a very small amount of time that I am annoyed, so trying to decide if worth the extra 4K.

Comment

Things like this is why we become financially responsible- to be able to spend money on conveniences once you can afford to. Granted I have no kids, but when I went on vacation with my sister niece and nephew, you better believe I wasn't sharing a room with all of them.

My answer would be different if you were a med student, or in a ton of debt. But not at this level.

Comment

Working...
                              X