PSA- Twitter and Musk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://money.cnn.com/quote/sharehol...=institutional
    Not really between individual shareholders, there is a power structure. The richest man, could get crushed. “Go play somewhere else”, or “neutral”.
    For certain, all the “shareholders” hardly ever vote their proxies.
    “Intrinsic values” is a vote for status quo, not FMV or even any valuation.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post

https://money.cnn.com/quote/sharehol...=institutional
      Not really between individual shareholders, there is a power structure. The richest man, could get crushed. “Go play somewhere else”, or “neutral”.
      For certain, all the “shareholders” hardly ever vote their proxies.
      “Intrinsic values” is a vote for status quo, not FMV or even any valuation.
      i have no clue what you just said

Comment

Originally posted by jacoavlu View Post

i have no clue what you just said
        Those entities control the Board, not the company.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
          Those entities control the Board, not the company.
          So your point would be the shareholders control the company?

and those entities you mean the saudis? are you confident they control the board?

Its just interesting. Be fun to see how it plays out. Brings back a little enemy at the gates RJR vibes

Comment

Originally posted by jacoavlu View Post

So your point would be the shareholders control the company?

and those entities you mean the saudis? are you confident they control the board?

Its just interesting. Be fun to see how it plays out. Brings back a little enemy at the gates RJR vibes
            the fund managers usually decide how to vote your interests“
            If the top ten “owners” (which are not individuals)
            want it blocked, it won’t happen. If they abstain, current management wins. No sale.

Comment

Apparently, Twitter is fighting back with a "poison pill" defense - whereby they essentially dilute the shares so it's less desirable for a hostile takeover. Most likely, it's donezo now.

Comment

Originally posted by xraygoggles View Post
                Apparently, Twitter is fighting back with a "poison pill" defense - whereby they essentially dilute the shares so it's less desirable for a hostile takeover. Most likely, it's donezo now.
                https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301526627.html

Comment

Originally posted by xraygoggles View Post
                  “Twitter enacted the plan to buy time, according to a person familiar with the matter. The board wants to be able to analyze and negotiate any deal, and may still accept it. ” One year expiration.

What this actually signals is a defensive strategy. This delays. An actual vote would probably might pass, fair price. The Board now needs to figure out how to get a better offer or raise the stock price.
                  The fiduciary responsibility is shareholders value.
                  Not social debate or employees opinions.
                  A rain delay. Beginning the sixth inning.
                  (stake purchase , board seat, no board seat, tender offer, poison pill)Twitter needs to warm up a reliever. Finding a white knight will be tough. And yes, Elon can partner as well. Rain delay.

Comment

20% premium as a shareholder when the financial forecasts show worsening performance with subscribers and ads, the board better put it to a vote.

Otherwise, expect a lot of lawsuits.

Comment

Interesting drama to follow.

Frankly I would not be surprised if Elon comes up with a new company and just kicks all their a$$.

Dude is a maverick.

I was skeptical when Tesla started but Elon is a maker.

Creator / innovative genius, is not hyperbole.

He is like the Thomas Edison of our time.

He gets it done.

Fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Tangler View Post
                        Interesting drama to follow.

Frankly I would not be surprised if Elon comes up with a new company and just kicks all their a$$.

Dude is a maverick.

I was skeptical when Tesla started but Elon is a maker.

Creator / innovative genius, is not hyperbole.

He is like the Thomas Edison of our time.

He gets it done.

Fun to watch.
                        “He is like the Thomas Edison of our time.”
                        I object to this. TE and I have the same birthday.
                        Not what I would call twins or someone to admire. Amazing yes. Can’t hide talent.

Comment

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/busine...r-takeover-bid
                          Musk lawyering up.

Comment

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/twitt...163756232.html
                            https://finance.yahoo.com/news/twitt...101018791.html

The financial performance of Twitter has be abysmal compared to other tech companies. For all the publicity, one would think the profits were outstanding.
                            Is Twitter stuck in a business model that the focus has not been on business? Just a couple of different takes. A White Knight is going to be hard to find.
                            Definitely Twitter will need to change. The question is how they will be forced to change.
                            https://www.marketwatch.com/investin...ials/cash-flow

Last edited by Tim; 04-18-2022, 11:42 AM.

Comment

When I saw the thread title I wondered if poor Musk had prostate cancer or an enlarged prostate and if so, why is Twitter involved when in fact he should be seeing his urologist.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamban View Post
                                When I saw the thread title I wondered if poor Musk had prostate cancer or an enlarged prostate and if so, why is Twitter involved when in fact he should be seeing his urologist.
                                Actually, the CEO's response was "ask him". Good question though.

Comment

Working...
                                X