Medical license scam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical license scam

I got a call to the office today from the "NYS Medical board" I happened to be free and took the call. I was informed that a large quantity of Fentanyl and Oxycodone were found in an abandoned vehicle on the other side of the country with my name on it.
    They wanted to know if I knew of anyone who might be trying to frame me.
    They kept listing off information about me that can be found on the internet Medical school, Residency, Employer.
    Told me that they were faxing over suspension orders and the FBI is coming to question me.
    Eventually I had to get back to work so I told them I will reach out to my legal council and get back to them. They did give me the number to the NYS board of professions. I did call and it took me 25 minutes to get a person who told me it was a scam going around.
    I talked to our medical director who told me I was not suspended and "get back to work!" (jokingly)

What a hassle and a waste of 30 minutes.

I am not really sure what they were after. The only thing they really asked me was about people I may have wronged who would be out to get me. I cannot see how that would be useful to anyone.

Anyone else scammed recently?

I wasnt after anything. I was just killing time waiting for a flight....

Comment

I got an email from someone that said they have some incriminating and scandalous information about me and unless a click their link they will release it to my family and friends.

The next day I got another email from our IT dept apologizing for the trauma and stress they caused everyone with their real life scenario phishing email.

Comment

Earlier in my career, the local drug crime division of the sheriff department paid me a visit to query about a patient which had "shopped" my clinic. She was buying, using, and selling. Needless to say, they asked me to call the police next time she. She showed up, called the police and she was promptly arrested in front of our clinic.

Comment

I'd want my fentanyl and oxycodone (and vehicle) back.

Comment

Originally posted by pierre View Post
            I got an email from someone that said they have some incriminating and scandalous information about me and unless a click their link they will release it to my family and friends.

The next day I got another email from our IT dept apologizing for the trauma and stress they caused everyone with their real life scenario phishing email.
            Me too! Do we work at the same place?!?

Comment

Originally posted by burritos View Post
              Earlier in my career, the local drug crime division of the sheriff department paid me a visit to query about a patient which had "shopped" my clinic. She was buying, using, and selling. Needless to say, they asked me to call the police next time she. She showed up, called the police and she was promptly arrested in front of our clinic.
              Outstanding.

Comment

John Smith#1 picked up John Smith#2’s Percocet at the VA I used to work at (accidentally dispensed to the wrong John smith). Walked a block and was arrested selling it not more than 10 minutes after it was dispensed!

Comment

Just after I retired, the physician who bought my practice said that he and I were named in a copyright suite based on pictures and verbiage on the practice website. It was a South Florida physician and his lawyer running a scam that encouraged $16000 to make them go-away. The Doctors Company represented me. The original web designer had used info and pics from my society that he had permission for, not remotely related to these idiots. They left us alone, but not before successfully defrauding many docs that we discovered. And no, TDC didn’t file a criminal complaint, my lawyer just sent them nasty letters.

Comment

I got a call a few months ago from an "investigator for the state board". I told him I would meet him at his office. he had to google the address lol

Comment

Working...
                    X