No announcement yet.

Vending Machines as a side hustle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you tell me where the nearest pay phone is?

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
      Can you tell me where the nearest pay phone is?
      Down the street in the museum.

Comment

Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post
        Down the street in the museum.
        Google “museums in houston”
        Can you be a little more specific? Seriously.
        Of the 50 or so museums, oh well this is going to be quite a project.
        Lost art or skill answering a simple question:
        ”Give me directions to your house” or stopping at a gas station to buy a city map or a state map or map of the USA for road trips. That “was” the purpose of the glove compartment. No one kept driving gloves.

Comment

Filling vending machines on your free time , sounds appealing , a good way to see the world.

I have a few patients that do this and the profit margin is not that high, that they can hire someone to do it, so unless you have many, you will probably be restocking them yourself

Best place for soda and junk machine, right next to the cafeteria line at school lunches. Our local school got Coke to sponsor the sports teams , along as they would exclusivity in the school district for all their nutritious products. So no more Gatorade at sports events, now only Powerade.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
            Lost art or skill answering a simple question:
            ”Give me directions to your house”
            New art, “Google it”.

Comment

In college my roommate and I were quite the entrepreneurs. We had a junk food/sub shop operated out of our dorm room. We negotiaged with the University to let us get these Sunglo vending machines around the campus with the agreement that when we graduated they would go to the school. We didn't own them, we just managed them. This was back in the 80's and we made around 10K a year doing all this. It was great spending money for us at the time but I wouldn't be interested in doing it now!

Comment

My neighbor does this. I believe he is financially independent, but has a big van and does around to fill his vending machines. He doesn't seem to work otherwise, and just came back from an African safari. Doesn't seem like a serial killer.

Comment

Originally posted by mkintx View Post
                  and just came back from an African safari. Doesn't seem like a serial killer.
                  Of what - old male lions or white rhinos?

Comment

Originally posted by GasFIRE View Post
                    No worries. My hospital installed a McDonald’s during my residency. Nothing like having an Egg McMuffin before your surgery.
                    We had a Chik-Fil-A at a hospital that had us for several rotations in med school. PLUS free vouchers when on call! (Sun call was the worst, but it did mean more food the next time....) It is pretty amazing how resilient a 20s year old body can be....

Comment

Working...
                    X