This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AR View Post

Like I've offered to everyone before you, if you are interested in having this discussion feel free to PM me and we can do it over PM. Debunking nonsense is very labor intensive and a mod has explicitly said that is not wanted here.

Not surprisingly, no one has taken me up on it. But if you're interested, let me know. I assure you it will be an honest discussion.
    Ok, I assume you would argue that twitter did not suppress the story for political reasons but instead because the NY Post article had information/screen shots that could not be verified. That is fine, but the issue is that a month earlier when Trumps taxes were leaked and technically not verifiable and also illegal to do so.....twitter and other media did not restrict its distribution. So, you are missing the point of this topic...should a huge but private social media platform be able to pick and chose what speech it promotes. I say it should, but these companies act in bad faith by saying they aren't surpressing differing opinions when any logical person can see otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by OUSOONERDOC View Post

Ok, I assume you would argue that twitter did not suppress the story for political reasons but instead because the NY Post article had information/screen shots that could not be verified. That is fine, but the issue is that a month earlier when Trumps taxes were leaked and technically not verifiable and also illegal to do so.....twitter and other media did not restrict its distribution. So, you are missing the point of this topic...should a huge but private social media platform be able to pick and chose what speech it promotes. I say it should, but these companies act in bad faith by saying they aren't surpressing differing opinions when any logical person can see otherwise.
      As you've just shown, it's impossible for me to take a few sentences about Hunter Biden's laptop and deduce the entirety of what you mean when you say it. How was anyone to realize that you meant to refer not only to the laptop story but other events from a month earlier.

There are a lot of directions this conversation could go, so there is nothing wrong with discussing all of that except for the fact that a mod has said that he does not want it here. I'm happy to do it over PM if you desire.

Comment

Originally posted by OUSOONERDOC View Post

It’s pretty clear that ARs political bias is nearly blinding - just let him be.

Comment

I have zero problem with political bias or opinions.

EMD returned? Just curious if a VPN allows a grand entrance?
          Can a hand writing (digital age expert) , of course expert witness prove it? Certainly has a lot of circumstantial evidence.
          None of my business, I don’t actually care what the rules are. This amusement activity is not “fun” for anyone. Have to admit, EMD was very very skillful, just passive aggressive with an intent of who knows what.
          Thus, weeding through this is probably a negative.
          Regardless of any preconceived leanings (of which the Forum has Mods all over the spectrum).
          Just hate to see intentionally obnoxious hijacking.

Comment

Originally posted by VentAlarm View Post

It’s pretty clear that ARs political bias is nearly blinding - just let him be.
            LOL, and I'm sure your bias is non-existent enough to make you an objective observer of the truth.

It's pretty clear that we all have bias, man.

What's telling is that someone that doesn't agree with you is apparently "blinded by bias"? I guess that's one way to mentally deal with ideas you don't like.

Comment

Originally posted by AR View Post

LOL, and I'm sure your bias is non-existent enough to make you an objective observer of the truth.

It's pretty clear that we all have bias, man.

What's telling is that someone that doesn't agree with you is apparently "blinded by bias"? I guess that's one way to mentally deal with ideas you don't like.
              Dude, my friends that supported Bernie aren’t that far down the rabbit hole. I’m done.

Comment

Originally posted by VentAlarm View Post

Dude, my friends that supported Bernie aren’t that far down the rabbit hole. I’m done.
                Dude, once we got to Hunter Biden (which, once again, someone else repeatedly brought up) I just repeatedly offered to discuss the issue via PM to keep the mods happy. But I guess that makes me blinded by bias. That's quite the leap there. I'd have thought an objective seeker of the truth such as yourself would at least like to have heard more before judging.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                  I have zero problem with political bias or opinions.

EMD returned? Just curious if a VPN allows a grand entrance?
                  Can a hand writing (digital age expert) , of course expert witness prove it? Certainly has a lot of circumstantial evidence.
                  None of my business, I don’t actually care what the rules are. This amusement activity is not “fun” for anyone. Have to admit, EMD was very very skillful, just passive aggressive with an intent of who knows what.
                  Thus, weeding through this is probably a negative.
                  Regardless of any preconceived leanings (of which the Forum has Mods all over the spectrum).
                  Just hate to see intentionally obnoxious hijacking.
                  Sadly, EMD hasn't returned - otherwise there would be long-winded soliloquies about the merits of active investing using arbitrary time frames and without any substantive proof to back up the grandiose claims.

Also: no pics of Ferraris recently.

Comment

Originally posted by xraygoggles View Post

Sadly, EMD hasn't returned - otherwise there would be long-winded soliloquies about the merits of active investing using arbitrary time frames and without any substantive proof to back up the grandiose claims.

Also: no pics of Ferraris recently.
                    Or just changed the topic. Same technique.

Comment

Originally posted by Tangler View Post

Banning me twice, without warning, for what i consider minor political discussion.

This did occur but perhaps you missed that.

Seems better now is what i am saying.

It was so unfair that some moderators who felt sympathetic to me and my plight threatened to quit…….

Anyway, this happened.

Just so you know.
                      This is a personal finance forum focused on high income individuals, especially doctors. This is not an unlimited free for all "free speech zone". Jim owns the place, so his venue, his rules. (There's a wealth of good to great content on WCI forums, but they aren't the biggest moneymaker in the WCI empire.)

Now might be a good time to review the WCI Forum rules, including Rule 4. See https://forum.whitecoatinvestor.com/...s-and-policies

Comment

Originally posted by Hank View Post

This is a personal finance forum focused on high income individuals, especially doctors. This is not an unlimited free for all "free speech zone". Jim owns the place, so his venue, his rules. (There's a wealth of good to great content on WCI forums, but they aren't the biggest moneymaker in the WCI empire.)

Now might be a good time to review the WCI Forum rules, including Rule 4. See https://forum.whitecoatinvestor.com/...s-and-policies
                        Roger that. thanks.

Comment

Just caught up with the rest of this thread. We have Hunter Biden's laptop, Elon Musk, vaccine mandates, twitter, and the SEC. Pretty sure that's enough to fill out someone's bingo card.

Thread has run its course. Locked.

Comment

Working...
                          X