Cancun recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DollaDollaBillS$$$ View Post
    I really don't have a budget. although I was hoping to not break the bank. currently i'm looking at the Ritz Carlton in Cancun since they are known for their great service. I want to be able to sit in my lounge chair on the beach and be waited on hand and foot! when I work, I'm helping patients all day long and its nice to go on vacation and have someone take care of me for a change. that sounds bad, but its how I feel and dang it, I work hard. I can get us a suit that myself and my 3 daughters can stay in together (wife can't go with us) for about $9k. it says on the site breakfast lunch and dinner included but never actually states "all inclusive" so I need to verify that before I commit. anyone stay at the ritz in cancun? how was your experience?
    Basically all of the highly rated resorts (including the ones mentioned in this thread) have top notch service.

Comment

For us the preference to be in a natural setting away from other resorts, urban area was second only to adults-only.

Comment

Originally posted by DollaDollaBillS$$$ View Post
        I know this isnt the typical wci topic of being frugal and saving, but ...
        I disagree. How to spend your money on what you value absolutely IS an important (and hopefully typical) WCI topic. There are five money activities to master in your life:

1) Earning
        2) Saving
        3) Investing
        4) Spending
        5) Giving

You want to do them all well. We spent today on # 4. Heli-skiing to be specific. Here's a shot of Katie awaiting our chariot Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3867.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	339.3 KB
ID:	323999 :

Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

Originally posted by The White Coat Investor View Post

I disagree. How to spend your money on what you value absolutely IS an important (and hopefully typical) WCI topic. There are five money activities to master in your life:

1) Earning
          2) Saving
          3) Investing
          4) Spending
          5) Giving

You want to do them all well. We spent today on # 4. Heli-skiing to be specific. Here's a shot of Katie awaiting our chariot Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3867.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	339.3 KB
ID:	323999 :
          That's awesome. heli skiing would be a lot of fun but I dont think my knees would hold up anymore. I had a hard enough time this year at vail on the groomed trails LOL. where did you ski at?

Comment

B.C.

Heading out again in a few minutes for more!
            Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

Cancun?
              Be mindful of crossfire from drug cartel shootouts.

Comment

Originally posted by resident_1 View Post
                Cancun?
                Be mindful of crossfire from drug cartel shootouts.
                This is why we opted for Cabo and primarily stayed at the resort. It’s not that is continuously dangerous. Just sometimes things get out of hand. Resort areas have had flare ups.

Comment

Its a sad situation. Drug war, and huge customer who is the united states citizens. And the cartels met our drug demand with synthetic opioids that are now wiping out Americans drug users.

I wonder how many of these resorts are drug world operated and they have agreed that its not good for business to shoot at the resorts.

Comment

as a followup to the original post: we went to cancun. I chose the Ritz Carlton. had a fantastic time. the service was excellent, as would be expected from the ritz. food was excellent too. would highly recommend. never felt unsafe in any part of cancun although we mostly spent time on the resort. we went 3rd week of may which was a great time too as it wasnt too busy/crowded. weather was mid to upper 80's with a wind so it wasn't too hot, but made sure I was covered in sunscreen as I'm fair skinned. what a great way to spend time: with my girls on the beach getting served food and drinks while reading books!

Comment

Working...
                    X