Cancun recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancun recommendations

I know this isnt the typical wci topic of being frugal and saving, but I Want to take my girls (x3 and all young adults) to an all-inclusive destination like cancun for a final immediate-family-only trip. (middle daughter getting married this fall) because going forward it will be with son-in-laws/boyfriends etc. looking for recommendations on hotel, restaurants and fun things to do.

How old are the young adults? Are you more the adventuring type or more of the hang out by the pool/ocean and drink tropical drinks?

Comment

Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post
      How old are the young adults? Are you more the adventuring type or more of the hang out by the pool/ocean and drink tropical drinks?
      they are 18,22,25. I'd prefer hanging by the pool being served drinks with some advenutures/excursions mixed in.

Comment

Le Blanc

Comment

We've done Secrets and Excellence resorts in Cancun and liked both. Both are adults-only, which is also nice (particularly as we are getting away from our young kids when we go).

Comment

Originally posted by NumberWhizMD View Post
            We've done Secrets and Excellence resorts in Cancun and liked both. Both are adults-only, which is also nice (particularly as we are getting away from our young kids when we go).
            Secrets Maroma Beach and Excellence Playa Mujeres are generally our favorites.

We've been on an excursion or two but we are generally always going at work so we vacation lazy. We park it by the pool and eat/drink all day. I'll get up and do some water volleyball whenever that gets going then I go park myself again.

Comment

My wife and I go to the The Valentin Imperial Maya every year. We love it.

Comment

Moon Palace another option. Bigger property, lots of things to do.

Comment

Originally posted by K82 View Post
                  My wife and I go to the The Valentin Imperial Maya every year. We love it.
                  We do too and have tried others in that area which were nice but the VIM is our favorite. It is reasonably priced with Southwest Vacations when they have a sale.

Comment

I've been to the Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya, was great. All inclusive, adults only, well-run, good food, pools are relaxing, staff attentive. Didn't go on any excursions so can't comment on those (though I know they were available to guests for small additional cost), but had a great experience.

Also all staff wore masks and faceshields the whole time, and they facilitated a covid test for me to get back into the US without an issue.

Comment

Grand Palladium, Riviera Maya region

Comment

For a day trip consider taking a ferry from cancun to isla mujeres. once there you can rent a golf cart and explore the little island and even ancient ruins. The water there is incredibly beautiful and they have some of the best ice cream i've had in my entire life. Bring LOTS of suncreen.

Comment

Riviera Maya or Cabo’s. Might be personal preference. Have done both. More actual beach at the former and excursion trips in the Riviera Maya.

Full disclosure: This is being sent from the Hardrock Cafe Hotel in Cabo. 5 days & 4 nights.
                          The only off resort we did was a catamaran sunset cruise. We rented the cabanas each of three days. Good shows, multiple pools, Great Staff! Make dinner reservations as soon as you arrive. We purposely did not want daily excursions, Decompression time . Two room in building 3 on 4th floor. The main pool is “louder”.
                          The steakhouse, Japanese and Italian in that order.
                          You can upgrade as much as you want if you want a butler.
                          Unfortunately, the most recent is the best. Riviera Maya and any all inclusive in Cabo works fine.
                          in Mexico, we have been to most Acapulco, Cancun, Riviera Maya and Cabo multiple times each. Airfare typically is booked separately from the hotel. Hardrock Cabo no regrets.

Comment

Originally posted by childay View Post
                            Le Blanc
                            Le Blanc is amazing. I've been there once, dream of going again.

Comment

I really don't have a budget. although I was hoping to not break the bank. currently i'm looking at the Ritz Carlton in Cancun since they are known for their great service. I want to be able to sit in my lounge chair on the beach and be waited on hand and foot! when I work, I'm helping patients all day long and its nice to go on vacation and have someone take care of me for a change. that sounds bad, but its how I feel and dang it, I work hard. I can get us a suit that myself and my 3 daughters can stay in together (wife can't go with us) for about $9k. it says on the site breakfast lunch and dinner included but never actually states "all inclusive" so I need to verify that before I commit. anyone stay at the ritz in cancun? how was your experience?

Comment

Working...
                              X