Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today’s Wordle Score is 3

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Kamban View Post

    Today was pure luck. My strategy is to use the word SOARE on the first try ( a young hawk). That takes out three common vowels and two of the most commonly used consonants. This drew a complete blank today. That left me with I and U, and today being Valentine's day, the next word I tried was CUPID to use the other two vowels. That helped me a lot with an important anchor alphabet and by pure luck I got the word on the third try.

    I wish this forum had a way to hide certain part of the post to avoid spoilers. I hope I did not spoil anyone's efforts here.
    I started with FROST, lockout. Almost posted DON'T START WITH FROST!!! as a joke, but didn't want to ruin it for anybody.

    The harder ones are especially fun, once I get past the frustration of telling myself that, this time, the computer has screwed up. And then the lightbulb finally comes on. Of course, I'm a word person more than a numbers person, believe it or not, but statistics is kind of tangentially involved in word puzzles.

    In my brief experience, the answers are common, sometimes surprisingly common, words. I don't think you'll ever get an ace with SOARE but I get your point. Still think it's pretty cool you got to CYNIC in 3 - must have had a really lucky 2nd guess.
    Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory and ignorant advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

    Comment


    • #47
      I got todays word in 4. I thought it was a hard word. My personal best is 2.

      Comment


      • #48
        Today was 4 for me also. And the answer wasn’t a word I was familiar with. I basically had the first 4 letters and couldn’t think of anything that made sense, so just guessed every letter until it hit (it won’t let you enter words that aren’t legitimate words). Lame word today, IMHO.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by MaxPower View Post
          Today was 4 for me also. And the answer wasn’t a word I was familiar with. I basically had the first 4 letters and couldn’t think of anything that made sense, so just guessed every letter until it hit (it won’t let you enter words that aren’t legitimate words). Lame word today, IMHO.
          Thanks to its association with cooking, I got today's word in 3. But I have never scored a 2.

          Comment


          • #50
            There were apparently 2 words today...

            I got a different one that you... unrelated to cooking but started and ended with same letter

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Yowza View Post
              There were apparently 2 words today...

              I got a different one that you... unrelated to cooking but started and ended with same letter
              Yes, apparently the one on the NYT’s site was easy, and the one on the original Wordle site was not. I’m on the wordle site and it was a word I’d never heard of before.

              Comment


              • #52
                Drats - another 4. Is that a bogey?
                Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory and ignorant advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by jfoxcpacfp View Post
                  Drats - another 4. Is that a bogey?
                  4 is a par. You’re even! Are you on the original Wordle site or the NYT one? Apparently they had different solutions today.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by MaxPower View Post

                    4 is a par. You’re even! Are you on the original Wordle site or the NYT one? Apparently they had different solutions today.
                    Really?!? I play the NYT puzzle because that’s the first one I found when I googled it.
                    Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory and ignorant advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by MaxPower View Post

                      Yes, apparently the one on the NYT’s site was easy, and the one on the original Wordle site was not. I’m on the wordle site and it was a word I’d never heard of before.
                      I got AGORA in AFOURA

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Today I got the 1st, 3rd and 5th alphabet in the correct position on the first try. I thought I will solve it in the next round but I did not realize that so many different alphabets can fit in the 2nd and 4th slots. It was not until the 5th try I got the word. Dang.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Darn it - had 4 of 5 letters in first try, then got caught in one of the webs @AR mentioned and got it on #6 out of pure, dwindling luck.
                          Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory and ignorant advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X