Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I use large business style checks for my personal account?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use large business style checks for my personal account?

Probably the silliest post you'll read today so I apologize in advance. I have to order new checks for my personal account and I much prefer the large business-style checks to the smaller personal-style checks as they are larger, have more room, and therefore are easier to write on. I can go to any of the online websites and simply fill out my personal information under their business checking tab and they will send them to me. Most sites seem to automatically add an "Auxillary On-Us field" that just contains the check number again. Is there any reason why this will be an issue?

To be clear, I'm just talking about the esthetics of it and not drawing on a business account for personal use or drawing on a personal account for business use.

Haha funny post. I like it.

there is no legal difference in check size. You can order the “business” size from anywhere… Costco, vista print, Harland Clarke, etc.

Comment

No difference, I've seen elderly patients do this.
      $1 saved = >$1 earned. ✓

Comment

Originally posted by Cubicle View Post
        No difference, I've seen elderly patients do this.
        While they write a check for their groceries, I assume.

Comment

Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post

While they write a check for their groceries, I assume.
          But remember, the grocery store clerk needs to finish ringing you up before you start filling out that check. There’s no way that we could determine that today is the 5th of February and we’re buying groceries in an Albertsons until the last Metamucil goes into the grocery bag. “Now where was my pen?”

Comment

Originally posted by Hank View Post

But remember, the grocery store clerk needs to finish ringing you up before you start filling out that check. There’s no way that we could determine that today is the 5th of February and we’re buying groceries in an Albertsons until the last Metamucil goes into the grocery bag. “Now where was my pen?”
            Hang on, I got a coupon for that Metamucil somewhere…

Comment

Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post

Hang on, I got a coupon for that Metamucil somewhere…
              Is it next to your Great Clips "tenth haircut free" loyalty card?

Comment

Lol...I'm only 43 but I have to say I REALLY LIKE the big checks...haha

Comment

Originally posted by PWMDMD View Post
                  Lol...I'm only 43 but I have to say I REALLY LIKE the big checks...haha
                  I will have to say that my first thought was.... hum maybe he is in the "older" age bracket.... But maybe Ballers use big checks these days?

Comment

Originally posted by mamaham View Post

I will have to say that my first thought was.... hum maybe he is in the "older" age bracket.... But maybe Ballers use big checks these days?
                    Lol...or just people like me whose writing looks like it should be in crayon - hard to fit on those little lines.

Comment

does anyone have a source for the even larger checks that are used for charity donations and sweepstakes winnings? I could really get behind having those around.

Comment

Originally posted by JB14 View Post
                        does anyone have a source for the even larger checks that are used for charity donations and sweepstakes winnings? I could really get behind having those around.

Comment

Who writes checks? Seriously. Most of our bills are charged to the credit card. The cleaning people and others take Venmo, and the lawn guy has a quickbooks link for us to pay from the bank account.

we use a secondary account for Venmo, PayPal, and all these smaller transactions.

Comment

You can supposedly write a check on anything portable as long it has all the required elements. Supposedly the strangest items I came across reading were a cow, pig, egg.

Although I’m sure some banks may have the right to refuse.

Comment

Originally posted by JB14 View Post
                              You should also give them balloons with the check and make it like one of those Publishers Clearing House commercials.

Comment

Working...
                              X