Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Toyota Sequoia (electrified, livingroom on wheels)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Toyota Sequoia (electrified, livingroom on wheels)

A ground-up redesign, first in 15 years:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2Mrg_ZeoAE

Huh... I wonder what WCI thinks, since he's got one of these beasts in the family. Is the redesign a major step up? Is electrification meaningful or an unneeded complication and (perhaps) just virtue signalling?

Looks MUCH better than the Tundra from the front! I have a 2020 Tundra that I love but the 2022 is UGLY! There have been a small number of issues with the waste gates on the turbos reported - the 3.5 twin turbo is based on the existing Lexus LS engine but there is a bit that is new to it so some first year teething issues.

Comment

Looks pretty good. Much bigger than anything my family of 4 needs.

It's hybrid, not fully electric FYI. Toyota has extensive experience with hybrid engines so I would have very little concerns about it being an "unneeded complication."

Comment

Originally posted by Marko-ER View Post
        A ground-up redesign, first in 15 years:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2Mrg_ZeoAE

Huh... I wonder what WCI thinks, since he's got one of these beasts in the family. Is the redesign a major step up? Is electrification meaningful or an unneeded complication and (perhaps) just virtue signalling?
        One? I've got two of those. It's definitely time for a redesign but I'd be hesitant to buy the first model year of anything.

My problem with electric is I go a lot of places where charging is not an option. I've ordered a truck but decided on a diesel rather than an electric. But for a grocery-getter? Sure, why not get electric these days?

Oh actually just realized it's hybrid, so that would work for me. Towing limit went up too from $7,500 to $9,000 so that's a big plus for me. I may easily end up with one of these at some point.
        Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

My favorite part of the video was "Good headroom here, I'm 5'7."
          Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

Just get the Sienna unless you're gonna tow something, it'll drive much better

Comment

In my state the annual vehicle registration for EV= $450. for ICE= $150.
              Hybrids pay the ICE rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Marko-ER View Post
                ...Huh... I wonder what WCI thinks, since he's got one of these beasts in the family...
                Has what in the family? A short balding Asian guy who uses tons of air handshakes while he talks?

The truck is cool... you can get much more for the money, though (two or three good gently used vehicles, for example).
                Hybrid >>>> EV in my eyes. Easier to get worked on and more practical in 95% of the country.

Comment

If you want a truck, consider looking at the Honda Ridgeline. Hard to beat...

Comment

Originally posted by Bev View Post
                    If you want a truck, consider looking at the Honda Ridgeline. Hard to beat...
                    Not on a truck frame.. probably drives better that way though. At least they got rid of the stupid ridges!

Comment

Working...
                    X