X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VagabondMD View Post

According to the CDC:
    https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra..._deathsper100k

Florida has had 296 deaths per 100k and New York 226 deaths per 100k.
    Interesting. This is where I got the info: https://www.statista.com/statistics/...s-us-by-state/

I wonder what the discrepancy is?

The NY Times has New York 6th and Florida 17th. That’s somewhat frustrating there’s 3 different sources with 3 different numbers.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...vid-cases.html

Comment

Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post

I believe Florida is currently 20th for deaths per capita for COVID. Of note, New York is 7th. Say what you want but a majority of Florida wants to be open. Good for the people.
      Probably not so good for the 63,574 people estimated to have died from it.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/

Comment

Originally posted by StateOfMyHead View Post

Probably not so good for the 63,574 people estimated to have died from it.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/
        You could use this argument for anything that has killed somebody.

Comment

Yes the horror. Kids are learning in school as kids should and see each others faces. Mothers don't have to quit work due to schools sending kids home for whatever covid exposure for many days.
          whether we like it or not people are done with our mandates and restrictions. Vaccines is as much as we can ask for now. Particularly if economy enters recession there will be no more lockdowns.

Comment

Originally posted by wideopenspaces View Post

Do people think their dogs enjoy shopping?
            We don't take our dogs into Lowe's, but they are very unhappy about that. They are unhappy any time they are separated from my wife, and they do seem to enjoy shopping at PetSmart, so I'm going to write, "Yes, they do enjoy shopping."

Erstwhile Dance Theatre of Dayton performer cum bellhop. Carried (many) bags for a lovely and gracious 59 yo Cyd Charisse. (RIP) Hosted epic company parties after Friday night rehearsals.

Comment

my first mod type post: probably best for this one to stay about haircuts and not devolve into a pub fight about lockdowns and mandates or i might lock it

Comment

Originally posted by MPMD View Post
                my first mod type post: probably best for this one to stay about haircuts and not devolve into a pub fight about lockdowns and mandates or i might lock it
                My wife just left the house to get her $150+ or whatever "cut and color". I don't think it is going to be at Great Clips.

Back on track.

Comment

Originally posted by MPMD View Post
                  Good to know. Where do I complain when a moderator dresses me down for cutting my own hair?

Comment

Good to know. Where do I complain when a moderator dresses me down for cutting my own hair?
                    Try doing what I do...grow it somewhat long until it looks like a bird's nest. Then I'll pay someone to cut it...maybe. If I'm in the wilderness for some time, it certainly doesn't matter.

Wife just got back. Looking fine.
                    Last edited by Hawkeye225; 01-22-2022, 03:45 PM.

Comment

you PM CordMcNally , he is sympathetic to this kind of nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post

You could use this argument for anything that has killed somebody.
                        Just a reminder, there is a difference between killed with Covid and from Covid. Just saying. Definitions are important. NYC and western NY have different rates.
                        Any targets? Yes, Covid can and does cause death. I think we are past the point of Zero Tolerance. Maybe not. I still am waiting for guidance base upon "science".
                        Define a target and measure it accurately is the point.

Comment

Originally posted by Lithium View Post

Anyone have an arrangement like PoF? I think he wrote on his blog that he cuts his wife’s hair.
                          Just cut my husbands hair. Been doing it for 14 years now…. Started out to save money and just kept on….

however, I would never let him cut my hair. At one point during the pandemic when I couldn’t take it any longer, I tried cutting it myself with YouTube videos “the unicorn cut”. Pretty good result, but I’d rather have someone else do it even though I hate paying for it.

Comment

Working...
                          X