Their Website says they have to wear masks in the salon
    STAY AWAY

Lol? Masks don't work.

Comment

Is this Nextdoor?

Comment

Originally posted by Craigslist View Post
        Lol? Masks don't work.
        If they don't work then why haven't all of us gotten it? I've been up close and personal with + patients since this started.
        Sounds like at least anecdotally those of us here who got it was through their kids and not work.

Comment

The hair lice that I met pre-pandemic on the brushes there must be horrified by their unsanitary working conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post
            Is this Nextdoor?
            Sounds more like Yelp!

I expect that this is a loco/regional issue. In my 'hood, I would expect virtually 100% compliance with the mask, among customers and stylists alike. If I drove 20 miles in almost any direction, I think it would quickly flip to 80% unmasked. Same with supermarkets and other retail outlets.

I was a longtime Great Clips customer until the pandemic. When the sh0ps were closed, I learned to cut my own hair. The end.
            Last edited by VagabondMD; 01-18-2022, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VagabondMD View Post

Sounds more like Yelp!

I expect that this is a loco/regional issue. In my 'hood, I would expect virtually 100% compliance with the mask, among customers and stylists alike. If I drove 20 miles in almost any direction, I think it would quickly flip to 80% unmasked. Same with supermarkets and other retail outlets.

I was a longtime Great Clips customer until the pandemic. When the ships were closed, I learned to cut my own hair. The end.
              I tried cutting my own hair but couldn’t figure out how to get behind the ears. Screwed it up once and I’m done.

Comment

When I had hair, it became very easy to get good at trimming with a short guard all over. Simple easy cheap.
                $1 saved = >$1 earned. ✓

Comment

I guess the fact that FLU was greatly reduced means MASKS WORK. In my duaghters hospital FLU went from 198pts to ONE!!!!!!!!

Comment

Is this Nextdoor?
                    Haha! I literally thought the same thing. But honestly, I can’t tell if the OP is trolling or if he’s serious.

Comment

Funny, went there yesterday. There was a 134 min wait. Signed in on line and only had to wait 5 minutes(after waiting 90 minutes at home). I'm happy that anyone will cut my son's uncombed dumpster fire hair.

Comment

Originally posted by Lithium View Post

I tried cutting my own hair but couldn’t figure out how to get behind the ears. Screwed it up once and I’m done.
                        But that’s the part you never see so who cares what it looks like. If anyone says anything about it then they’re just jealous.

Comment

But that’s the part you never see so who cares what it looks like. If anyone says anything about it then they’re just jealous.
                          If you cut it short enough it's not an issue..
                          I can't however shave the back of the neck

Comment

i have 3 thoughts on this very odd thread:

1. great clips is a false economy if you are over the age of 25 and have a job.
                            2. those of you who cut your own hair.... i have no words, words fail me.
                            3. if you consistently walk into a private businesses that have signs that say "masks required" and you intentionally don't wear a mask, you are a sociopath. you might not like to think of yourself in those terms, but you are.

Comment

Originally posted by MPMD View Post
                              i have 3 thoughts on this very odd thread:

1. great clips is a false economy if you are over the age of 25 and have a job.
                              2. those of you who cut your own hair.... i have no words, words fail me.
                              3. if you consistently walk into a private businesses that have signs that say "masks required" and you intentionally don't wear a mask, you are a sociopath. you might not like to think of yourself in those terms, but you are.
                              1.) I am a Great Clips customer as well. I don't have difficult hair and don't need the services of a salon. If you've got clippers and say you've cut hair before then I'll give it a shot.

2.) I cut my own hair for a long time. I also cut a lot of friends' hair in college. Many of them even had girlfriends at the time.

3.) Funny story, last October when we went to Vail/Beaver Creek, many stores/restaurants still had signs up that said masks were required but nobody in the stores/restaurants, employees included, were ever wearing masks. It was the strangest thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X