Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had 2 unexpected mid week days off this week...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had 2 unexpected mid week days off this week...

Mountain biked(1-2 hr). Wall climbing(.5 hr). Gardening(2 hrs). Piano(1-2hr). Dropped off kids. Picked up kids. Ran errands. Lugged wood chips back home for my garden(2 hrs). Bought ingredients cooked(2 hr). This is stuff that makes me happy on my regular day off(friday), but 3 days of this? Can't wait to get back into to the COVID storm tomorrow (granted just clinic and not hospital).

If I get home before 6pm on a week day, I kinda don't know what to do with myself. The home to-do list is large, but I am not used to having free time.

I had an unexpected early day last week. I sneaked home & just sat on the couch. Then regretted I didn't do anything productive.
    $1 saved = >$1 earned. ✓

Comment

That's why retirement, early or not, has to be to something. Otherwise no TV and no beer make Homer go something something...

Comment

Sounds both amazing and exhausting but much deserved.

Comment

You might have a problem with Type A personality disorder. Some of my patients if they had 2 days off it would be, slept until 1 pm, at lunch , watched netflix for a few hours , drank a few beers, took a nap and it was then already time for bed.

Comment

It’s amazing how much more productive you can be with weekday days off. I hit the grocery store at 8:30 or 9 and practically have the place to myself and am in and out in 20 minutes. Trying to make that trip at 5-6 pm or on a weekend takes double or triple that. Replace that with nearly any errand and it’s evident how much of a time saver it is.

Comment

Originally posted by burritos View Post
              Mountain biked(1-2 hr). Wall climbing(.5 hr). Gardening(2 hrs). Piano(1-2hr). Dropped off kids. Picked up kids. Ran errands. Lugged wood chips back home for my garden(2 hrs). Bought ingredients cooked(2 hr). This is stuff that makes me happy on my regular day off(friday), but 3 days of this? Can't wait to get back into to the COVID storm tomorrow (granted just clinic and not hospital).
              Welcome to semi-retired. I love it. I am most assuredly not looking forward to my day in ER tmrw.

Comment

There is a reason why a few prefer "night shift". Efficiency or work/life tasks. Avoid the crowds, it is so much more productive use of personal time.

Comment

Originally posted by Random1 View Post
                  You might have a problem with Type A personality disorder. Some of my patients if they had 2 days off it would be, slept until 1 pm, at lunch , watched netflix for a few hours , drank a few beers, took a nap and it was then already time for bed.
                  Oh wife and I still managed to binge netflix Cowboy Bebop and Kim's convenience. Helped with my daughter's piano and study for her social studies test. Finished 1/2 bottle of wine too. Though I like beer too. Back in clinic now. It feels right.

Comment

I liked it all except for the last sentence. Sounds like a great day, especially the mountain biking part.

Comment

Hah. I'm not 40 yet, I work 4 days and week, and I love all my days off, and I don't get tired of them. There's always things to do: mountain biking, regular biking, hiking, gardening, woodworking, reading.

Comment

Originally posted by legobikes View Post
                        Hah. I'm not 40 yet, I work 4 days and week, and I love all my days off, and I don't get tired of them. There's always things to do: mountain biking, regular biking, hiking, gardening, woodworking, reading.
                        Trash men didn't pick up my neighbors christmas tree. Took it off his hands, chopped it up and made a hugelkultur for my fruit trees. Was fun, but something like this everyday when retired?

Comment

There is no such thing as too much free time as far as I’m concerned.

Comment

Trash men didn't pick up my neighbors christmas tree. Took it off his hands, chopped it up and made a hugelkultur for my fruit trees. Was fun, but something like this everyday when retired?
                            Yes.

Comment

Working...
                            X