Canada drugs online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada drugs online

A certified pharmacy with SUPER customer service. My wife's Eye Drops are a bit more than 50% cheaper in Canada
    As Well LOOK at GOOD RX in the USA; Sometimes RETAIL is less than your ins. COPAY!!

i get one of my diabetes meds from youdrugstore.com. i think here it is 600/month. from canada its 120/month. gotta love our healthcare system!

Comment

I had a pt get their latuda or some other new antipsychotic from a Canadian pharmacy at a much lower cost. They just faxed my rx to Canada. Which always seemed weird but somehow worked.

Comment

My patients used to get a couple of their oral anticancer med online. As it was about to go generic, Novartis started increased its price to squeeze the blood from the turnip. It was to cost him $3000 copay.

He got it from a Canadian pharmacy for $600/month.

Comment

Same, I've used for myself and patients. Dry eye drops have terrible insurance coverage in the US. Often I will print a script for patient so patients can look around to get through online Canadian pharmacy if needed. I definitely encourage using these for eye drops, which can be ridiculous b/c insurance is trying to cover next to nothing

After fellowship a medication that keeps my immunologic inflammatory condition under control was previously $25-35, became $600 monthly on my crappy bronze PPO plan. So for 2 years I ordered the medication from online Canadian pharmacy. I was straight up poor sending all my $ to student loans and no way could afford it but absolutely needed medication to function in society. Med was <$300 for a 3 month supply from Canada. If anyone's interested I personally had a good experience with northwestpharmacy.com.

Comment

Forgive my ignorance, but I thought it was illegal for US physicians/citizens to obtain drugs from Canadian pharmacies??? If it is legal, why is there not a thriving cross border pharmacy business?

Comment

Originally posted by Kennyt7 View Post
              A certified pharmacy with SUPER customer service. My wife's Eye Drops are a bit more than 50% cheaper in Canada
              As Well LOOK at GOOD RX in the USA; Sometimes RETAIL is less than your ins. COPAY!!
              We use goodrx on the reg at our house. Abx, OCPs way cheaper. Its amazing how many patients are being charged $30per month for a generic statin through insurance, they love paying cash through goodrx

Comment

Originally posted by Eye3md View Post
                Forgive my ignorance, but I thought it was illegal for US physicians/citizens to obtain drugs from Canadian pharmacies??? If it is legal, why is there not a thriving cross border pharmacy business?
                I don't think it is illegal to get it for personal use. It is illegal to get it and use it on patients and charge insurance / Medicare for the drug.

I used to get a topical steroid cream from there for $40 that was costing $300 here for the exact same medication, size and strength being the same. I now use GoodRx though I also get some from India, made from better name pharmaceuticals. Costco sometimes has prices for its members that is sometimes better than GoodRx, and much cheaper than insurance copay.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamban View Post

I don't think it is illegal to get it for personal use. It is illegal to get it and use it on patients and charge insurance / Medicare for the drug.

I used to get a topical steroid cream from there for $40 that was costing $300 here for the exact same medication, size and strength being the same. I now use GoodRx though I also get some from India, made from better name pharmaceuticals. Costco sometimes has prices for its members that is sometimes better than GoodRx, and much cheaper than insurance copay.
                  You can actually use the Costco pharmacy without being a member ( or at least you used to). I always recommended pts get their meds there, before I worked at the VA.

Comment

Originally posted by wideopenspaces View Post

You can actually use the Costco pharmacy without being a member ( or at least you used to). I always recommended pts get their meds there, before I worked at the VA.
                    Yes you can use their pharmacy as a non-member but to get their super low direct payment rate, you need to be a member. I just filled a prescription and after scanning my Costco card the price fell further to $15 for 3 months supply. Otherwise you get standard prices.

Comment

Working...
                    X