Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: What is your age?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post
    35-39 but I want to be clear I’m on the lower end. I don’t want people thinking I’m THAT old.
    And I just got bumped into the 40+ age group 😅 We couldn't do 35-40??? 😆

    Comment


    • #17
      This poll needs to be redone. The age groups should be changed to 20-52 and 53-100.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post

        Plus the ED does seem to age people disproportionally...
        I believe "ED" is more a sign of aging rather than the cause...Lol.

        Comment


        • #19
          This is a very interesting poll. Younger skew which would make me think more crypto-friendly talk than what I have been seeing here....

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by nycEMMD View Post
            This is a very interesting poll. Younger skew which would make me think more crypto-friendly talk than what I have been seeing here....
            As you know, even the younger posters that gravitate here tend to lean more towards indexing, myself included. Plenty of younger people on other platforms to talk crypto with if that's your thing.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by TheDangerZone View Post

              As you know, even the younger posters that gravitate here tend to lean more towards indexing, myself included. Plenty of younger people on other platforms to talk crypto with if that's your thing.
              Going all in on one thing is not ideal. Having no crypto exposure at all is probably a bad thing

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by nycEMMD View Post

                Going all in on one thing is not ideal. Having no crypto exposure at all is probably a bad thing
                Poll about age. 2 posts. Both about crypto.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Younger means higher risk tolerance. Just by being here, the majority of people here are bogleheads by nature.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Generation postings and polls have been around WCI for quite awhile. Lordosis had one, here is another.
                    https://forum.whitecoatinvestor.com/...on-the-hardest
                    When you were born does impact the environment and experiences. Not sure if average labels really apply here. Probably has a significant impact on perspective.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      After seeing the poll about NW increase in 2021 and seeing the positive skew in the graph, I would think many more older than younger on forum, but this poll shows peak at 35-44.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by xraygoggles View Post
                        After seeing the poll about NW increase in 2021 and seeing the positive skew in the graph, I would think many more older than younger on forum, but this poll shows peak at 35-44.
                        I would reckon we have WCI to thank for that. He has done our generation a great service.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Youth is wasted on the young. If only I could go back in time. I'd have a lot of FAANG stocks right now.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by nephron View Post
                            Youth is wasted on the young. If only I could go back in time. I'd have a lot of FAANG stocks right now.
                            If you own VTSAX you do own them + the unknown block buster that everyone will be talking about in 20 years. And........the beautiful thing is you don't even have to know what it is or why it will win, nor do you have to spend time to study and analyze.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by xraygoggles View Post
                              After seeing the poll about NW increase in 2021 and seeing the positive skew in the graph, I would think many more older than younger on forum, but this poll shows peak at 35-44.
                              Supersavers club

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Tangler View Post

                                If you own VTSAX you do own them + the unknown block buster that everyone will be talking about in 20 years. And........the beautiful thing is you don't even have to know what it is or why it will win, nor do you have to spend time to study and analyze.
                                You must be out of the loop - no one is talking about blockbuster anymore. A little company called Netflix beat them out.

                                I think it was the stupid fee for not rewinding that did them in.

                                (sarcasm in case it doesn’t come across).

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X