How diversified you are ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How diversified you are ?

Thinking about diversification , how diversified you are ( I will consider stock/bond as market )

So, what percent in market ? Real estate? Your business? Metals? Crypto ?

Feel free to add any category .

Mine is 100% market apart from primary residence

I am 90/10 stocks/bonds. I have a primary home. I have a low 5 figure amount of physical gold that I got as a gift from a grandparent.

I do not plan to acquire any more homes or gold just will keep shoving into the market!

Comment

64/29/7 with the latter as direct owned investment real estate.

Comment

How is this different from asset allocation?

Comment

Originally posted by Hatton View Post
          Sounds the same..

Comment

I don't know, I'll have to call in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AmIDiversified.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	311647

Comment

It's not.

Comment

Pretty well. I don't have any exposure to Beanie Babies but once I get there I'll have all my bases covered.

Comment

Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post
                  Pretty well. I don't have any exposure to Beanie Babies but once I get there I'll have all my bases covered.
                  My wife still has a collection in her childhood bedroom so we got the beenie baby collections covered. And kids have beenie boos so we even have diversification within the Beenie baby world I suppose.

Comment

I think he / she is asking the same in layman terms.

After a while, one has asked pretty much all the routine questions so it gets recycled.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamban View Post

I think he / she is asking the same in layman terms.

After a while, one has asked pretty much all the routine questions so it gets recycled.
                      Correct ! Thanks for explaining. I apologize if I missed the thread regarding this. I saw one regarding the near retirement/ retirement one

But more interested in someone who is not planning to retire soon . More specifically, want to know how forum members are invested in areas other than stocks/bonds .

just ignore this or guide me to the thread , if already discussed in depth .

Comment

Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post
                        My mom has you covered there, pm me for the address.

Comment

Originally posted by uksho View Post

Correct ! Thanks for explaining. I apologize if I missed the thread regarding this. I saw one regarding the near retirement/ retirement one

But more interested in someone who is not planning to retire soon . More specifically, want to know how forum members are invested in areas other than stocks/bonds .

No need to apologize. It can be helpful to use the search function first to see if there has been a recent discussion. But hey, the Forum needs questions to generate discussion. Keep ‘em coming. On this topic it sounds like you may get a better response if you rephrase the question in terms alternatives to stocks and bonds. What percentage to alternatives, which ones, why or why not? Etc.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenchimpy View Post

My wife still has a collection in her childhood bedroom so we got the beenie baby collections covered. And kids have beenie boos so we even have diversification within the Beenie baby world I suppose.
                            25.Be startled and awakened by one of the glow-in-the-dark stars from your ceiling falling on you during your sleep:
                            Have they taken down the stars yet? Those might be valuable. I threw them out of my daughter's room.
                            Got rid of the Happy Meal toys as well. Check the drawers. Might have some hidden treasure.

Comment

Originally posted by uksho View Post

BTW, my reply was in no way a demeaning or "put you down" reply.

To answer your original question I was all stocks and a little bit of cash until 15 years ago. Then I started to invest in real estate and some businesses generating income.

Looking back at the stock market returns over that time, and even accounting for the 2008 crash, my returns would have been better if I had just been 100% stocks, some emergency cash and a primary home. Less work, better returns, simplified tracking and accounting.

Comment

Working...
                              X