This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hatton View Post
    I liked FLP. I think he voluntarily left. EMD got on my nerves and I think he frequently lied. I did not ban him. Someone else did. Crixus was odd. I think he just drifted off.
    I’ve been assuming all along that crixus and toe cheeze were the same person and got banned for violating whatever policy about 2 names.

EMD had some complex about thinking—and proving—he was smarter than everyone, and criticizing anyone who didn’t want to follow his same path. I’m not certain he lied about his returns. He sent me things he was invested in and I went in on some with my fun money account and they’ve been stellar, far ahead of the S&P (leveraged sector funds mostly). Making millions on MOB investments, which was his other claim, is also well within the realm of possibility. Maybe some moderator has more info on him that I’m not aware of.

Wasn’t there some ICUbear who was overtly argumentative and offensive?

Who else has been banned? This is fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Craigslist View Post
      was FLP the one that did those polls?
      Lordosis is still very much around.

Comment

Originally posted by abds View Post

I’ve been assuming all along that crixus and toe cheeze were the same person and got banned for violating whatever policy about 2 names.

EMD had some complex about thinking—and proving—he was smarter than everyone, and criticizing anyone who didn’t want to follow his same path. I’m not certain he lied about his returns. He sent me things he was invested in and I went in on some with my fun money account and they’ve been stellar, far ahead of the S&P (leveraged sector funds mostly). Making millions on MOB investments, which was his other claim, is also well within the realm of possibility. Maybe some moderator has more info on him that I’m not aware of.

Who else has been banned? This is fun.
        Us ICU docs can be a little prickly.

Comment

Originally posted by jfoxcpacfp View Post

I can only recall 2 “regular posters” here who were banned (or is it 3?) Spammers are shot down pretty quickly, however, thanks to a couple of sharp-eyed mods (that would not be me).

Consider it a badge of honor, Auric goldfinger.
          Badge of Honor....I was literally going to write the same thing.

Comment

Bogleheads moderation is the worst. I only post there as a last resort.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatton View Post
              I liked FLP. I think he voluntarily left. EMD got on my nerves and I think he frequently lied. I did not ban him. Someone else did. Crixus was odd. I think he just drifted off.
              FLP was sometimes annoying but entertaining. Crixus was odd but entertaining. EMD was just plain annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by abds View Post
                If I remember right he was also incredibly sexist.

Comment

This thread has run its course and is unlikely to end anywhere good. Closing.

And no, moderators don't make general announcements when banning people. Would you want the reason for your ban announced if it was you? Probably not. Private communication better for something like that.
                  Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

Working...
                  X