This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banned from Bogleheads

Just got an announcement that I’m banned from Bogleheads! Got into a p.. ing match with a moderator. Didn’t realize I was such BAAD man.

They have some very specific rules. Any medical related questions are a hard no.

You are not going to win an argument (valid or not) with most mods on any forum.

Comment

__

Comment

I think I am easy to get along with. Welcome to this forum. You get more specific advice any way. I have never spent much time there because I found this site.

Comment

Boggleheads can definitely be narrow in scope and lower tolerance of going outside the guardrails.

Policy discussions, even financial ones have to be careful on warrior typing and should be rooted in factual point of views. We have a pretty broad spectrum of viewpoints here and enjoy a mostly balanced and respectful discussions with good moderators pulling us back when needed.

Just don't replicate potential issues here and get banned here too!

Comment

Bogleheads could really benefit from better moderation. They really take things too serious over there which is likely a turn off to future Bogleheads.

Comment

Auric goldfinger: where’s your companion Oddjob? He still on Bogleheads?

Comment

Odd job sadly passed. He fights 007 in the heavens

Comment

Boggleheads can definitely be narrow in scope and lower tolerance of going outside the guardrails.

Policy discussions, even financial ones have to be careful on warrior typing and should be rooted in factual point of views. We have a pretty broad spectrum of viewpoints here and enjoy a mostly balanced and respectful discussions with good moderators pulling us back when needed.

Just don't replicate potential issues here and get banned here too!

Comment

Join the club, I self banned when they hung one too many swords of Damocles over my head

Comment

Were you perma-banned or just temporary? I’ve had two temporary bans over there, and now I rarely go there. They let a lot of doctor bashing go on over there which i used to speak out about, and that was one of my bans. The other one was for calling another poster my parental unit because he was condescendingly talking down to me about how it was better to pay off a low interest mortgage than invest, “bEcAuSe PaSt PeRfOrMaNcE dOeSn’T eQuAl FuTuRe ReSuLtS” (which I agree with, just asked him to show me any time over the past 100 years when you would have had a higher net worth paying off your mortgage than investing). I maybe look over there once every couple of weeks now, when it used to be daily. Don’t miss it really.

Comment

Originally posted by Auric goldfinger View Post
                        Odd job sadly passed. He fights 007 in the heavens
                        Does anyone else remember racing to get Oddjob in Goldeneye for N64 multiplayer? He was unstoppable! Ugh a few years ago I tried playing that game again. It did not hold up well

RE bogleheads it can be useful for a few specific topics but I agree with the criticisms above

Comment

I like the bogleheads wiki & the podcast.

Never really used the forum.

This is a great forum.

I have learned a tremendous amount from the people here.

You can be banned here, but (IMO) they are much less likely to do it for silly reasons than they were in the past.

Many of the mods here will fight for you and for free respectful disagreement & debate.

I am a big fan of the mods here. Good people.
                          Last edited by Tangler; 12-13-2021, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lordosis View Post

Does anyone else remember racing to get Oddjob in Goldeneye for N64 multiplayer? He was unstoppable! Ugh a few years ago I tried playing that game again. It did not hold up well

RE bogleheads it can be useful for a few specific topics but I agree with the criticisms above
                            The N64 came out during my 1st year of med school. Me and three med school buds would play to decompress. I could tell where they were since it was splitscreen and I memorized the maps.

Comment

Link to the argument thread?

Comment

Working...
                              X