Home Gym

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaqen Haghar MD View Post

I actually like having big mirrors, probably because I grew up in bodybuilding gyms, where form is supposed to be important and there was alway floor to ceiling mirrors on every surface just about.
    I'm probably beating a dead horse here, but video is just so much better than mirrors. I think they are a relic of the past where everyone didn't have a handy video recorder that they could instantly view at all times. But if you like them and are used to them, that fine.

I can't think of a weightlifting or powerlifting gym I've been to that has significant mirrors. And it's not like those guys don't care about form. They're doing technically difficult, heavy lifts.

Comment

Plus mirrors make the space appear larger. It’s about body AND room aesthetics.

Comment

Originally posted by Sundance View Post

agree. 3/8” rolled mats with flecking is the best option imo.
        Where do I buy this flooring?

Comment

Originally posted by pierre View Post

Where do I buy this flooring?
          https://www.rubberflooringinc.com/

This is where I went. I got five 18' rolls of 1/2" rubber for about $1500 out the door

Comment

I got the Inspire Fitness FTX system from Costco a year ago. Very pleased with it. For the floor footprint the system takes, it's amazingly versatile and I need nothing more for weight/core training.

Comment

Originally posted by 8arclay View Post

https://www.rubberflooringinc.com/

This is where I went. I got five 18' rolls of 1/2" rubber for about $1500 out the door
              Those look nice. I’ll probably wait for garage gym 2.0 to do that. Not sure I want to spend ~4x the price of the horse mats at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by AR View Post
                I'm probably beating a dead horse here, but video is just so much better than mirrors. I think they are a relic of the past where everyone didn't have a handy video recorder that they could instantly view at all times. But if you like them and are used to them, that fine.

I can't think of a weightlifting or powerlifting gym I've been to that has significant mirrors. And it's not like those guys don't care about form. They're doing technically difficult, heavy lifts.
                Bodybuilders love to stare at themselves in the mirror. That’s probably the point of the whole thing anyways. Powerlifters….Not. So. Much. Video is a great way to check from from various view points for sure.

Comment

Bodycraft home gym, Matrix A50 elliptical, A power bar stand, Bowflex adjustable dumbells, and a stationary bike if you like.

Comment

Suggestions for best Rower?
                    Best treadmill?
                    Space not really an issue…Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by John22 View Post
                      Best treadmill?
                      Rower is easy. Concept 2. That's almost unanimous.

Comment

Best treadmill?
                        I have a life fitness water rower. I like the feel of the water resistance and couple it with apple fitness workouts for boredom relief.
                        For treadmill I have a Nordic track incline trainer. My running days are behind me, too much impact now, but great hiking workouts. The incline goes to forty degrees but realistically at 15 to 20 and a reasonable pace you can max out pretty easy. Great trainers and great places around the world also cut the boredom factor. For weights I have a double weight stack functional trainer, bench and barbells. Able to do a lot with these and enjoy the apple fitness weight workouts for variety.

Comment

Originally posted by AR View Post

Rower is easy. Concept 2. That's almost unanimous.
                          Got one almost about a year ago. Use it maybe once or twice a week. The front edge of it is a good spot to place my remote control.

Comment

Originally posted by burritos View Post

Got one almost about a year ago. Use it maybe once or twice a week. The front edge of it is a good spot to place my remote control.
                            Wait, so you row 1-2x/wk or you use it as a remote control holder 1-2x/wk?

John22 As has been discussed here extensively, Concept2 is the rower that you want. I also second the NordicTrack incline trainer. I have put both through thousands of hours without issue aside from expected stuff (bearings on rower seat, shock cord on handle, belt on trainer).

Comment

concept 2 with 0 reasonable alternative

Comment

Best treadmill?
                                Check out Woodway for a Treadmill. We love ours and it'll last forever.

Mirrors: we lined all walls of our gym with mirrors that stand about 6 feet. I agree with those that said it helps with form checks and is also motivating to see yourself in the mirror rather than be staring at a blank wall. I initially didn't want them, but after my wife setup 1 mirror I found it helpful and we ended up doing a full install.

Equipment: Our rack and most of our equipment is Rogue, but we have some items from Valor Fitness, Sorinex, Vulcan Strength, Torque, and Titan fitness.

Dumbbells: we have power blocks, but recently I saw Nuobells and they look even better than the power blocks. Anyone tried them?

Flooring: we did Regupol 1'' AktivPro. Has been awesome flooring and great looking.

I never thought I'd enjoy a home gym, but now I'm not sure I'll ever go back to the local gym. It ended up being a great investment.

Comment

Working...
                                X